• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Extract Sauces are blarrrrghhhhh!

As in vomit!

I tried Mad Dog 357 SE, Jersey Death and Talon the other night. (Full reviews soon)

Man That chemical metallic taste is horrible! Like I was eating tin foil.

It was so bad I was almost to the point of heaving! I was foolish enough to have some Talon, let the heat build up for a few seconds then add some Jersey Death and then the Mad dog 357. Man the burn was crazy, and none of the usual relievers seem to work for me!! Milk, Bread etc etc. so I had to deal with it. My limit was tested for about 10 mins or so. Afterwards came that high lol. In which I decided to try some more on some eggs. Mistake lol. that metallic taste was ever present. All I can say is that his stuff is hot, and although the Jersey Death has some hint of nice flavour, that extract taste ruins it.

Well tell a lie actually. Not all extract sauces I've tried are like this. Defcon 1 is the ruler for me! Creator make this stuff hotter but maintain the no extract taste!

I hate that taste so much I am actually considering not bothering trying/buying an extract sauce again (apart from Defcon 1, I want more Defcon 1 :P ).

My stomach was ok after this. I expected it to be twisting into knots lol. But (and excuse me for saying this) lets say going to the toilet was not the most pleasent experience lol.

So basically I didn't really like them lol.

The heat rocked! don't get me wrong. Possibly some of the hottest things I've to date. I think the Talon and Jersey Death have a nice flavour apart from the extract flavour. The Mad Dog 357 SE on the other hand I couldn't tell.

I will delve back into the realms of extract once more to provide an individual review of these 3 soonish.

Just thought I'd share my first thoughts on those 3 lol.

I agree for the most part about extract sauces - but Talon is no extract sauce. Just Red Savinas and Fatallis....

I agree with the general sentiment here....

...but yeah, Talon is not an extract sauce. Try it again without tainting your taste buds with that other crap.

Oh, I've got alot to post on this one....but the 6 margaritas are starting to get to me....
2.gif

I will admit, that my experience with the Talon was probably tainted.

I do intend to try them all individually/properly.

I think out of the other two, the Mad Dog 357 SE was pretty nasty. Again, I'll need to go back and try it again to be sure.

Defcon is the only exception to the extraction rule that I know of. I agree though, extract sauces aren't worth the money. I bought a few when I started getting into hot sauce, but most of them are just decoration now.

dreamtheatervt said:
Defcon is the only exception to the extraction rule that I know of. I agree though, extract sauces aren't worth the money. I bought a few when I started getting into hot sauce, but most of them are just decoration now.

I'll be honest.

Extract sauces (apart from Defcon 1) simply aren't very nice at all, going by those two. I don't think I'll be buying any more.

It's a shame as I like the burn. I like it a lot. But that taste! Don't think I could have that stuff on anything really. I will persevere with the two I have in order to do a review.

I will have to open the 3am also just for the burn. shame as I'll probably never use it again due to the taste :P

The Iron Tongue said:
I will admit, that my experience with the Talon was probably tainted.

I do intend to try them all individually/properly.

I think out of the other two, the Mad Dog 357 SE was pretty nasty. Again, I'll need to go back and try it again to be sure.

You have to try the Talon by itself with a nice meal. You might also be tasting the fatalli itself.
as the Talon goes...The fatalli is very distinct and upfront rude pepper and some people don't like it... I would marry itit:shocked:

walnut said:
You have to try the Talon by itself with a nice meal. You might also be tasting the fatalli itself.
as the Talon goes...The fatalli is very distinct and upfront rude pepper and some people don't like it... I would marry itit:shocked:

Then try CaJohns Fatalli Fire!!!

Never tried the Talon. Mad Dog 357 Se has a 'nasty' taste to be. Like burnt tire rubber or something. JD in food accents it. Try a couple spoonfuls or so in a crockpot of chili.

I've taken Sudden and Mega Death and added a spoon or 2 in a 'cereal' sized bowl of melted cheese and salsa. WHEN I get it just right, it's ALL flavor, then the heat kicks in about 2 minutes later. It comes on through the bloodstream creating a warm glow from head to foot!:)

If you want a great dip, get Brooks Pepperfire Hurricane Mash.:P

I agree, though I havent tried as many as you guys here, but the ones I've tried (extract hot sauces) are nasty IMO, the flavor is just not there & its not even worth putting that extract sauce on my food, since that taste just ruins the meal :sick:

chilehunter said:
I agree, though I havent tried as many as you guys here, but the ones I've tried (extract hot sauces) are nasty IMO, the flavor is just not there & its not even worth putting that extract sauce on my food, since that taste just ruins the meal :sick:

But as has been mentioned, not all extract sauces are alike. ;)

I totally agree with you. The metallic taste of keytone extracted capsacain is nasty. Really takes away from the flavor of the hot sauce. The only ones that are exeptions to this rule are Defcon Condition 1 and Zero, and EZ Earl's stuff. But that's because they don't use the keytones, they go a different (and more pain inducing on the creators of it) way with extraction.

imaguitargod said:
I totally agree with you. The metallic taste of keytone extracted capsacain is nasty. Really takes away from the flavor of the hot sauce. The only ones that are exeptions to this rule are Defcon Condition 1 and Zero, and EZ Earl's stuff. But that's because they don't use the keytones, they go a different (and more pain inducing on the creators of it) way with extraction.

what do u mean by keytones?

I agree! I don't understand the fascination with extract sauces! The taste is just a killer to whatever else is in the sauce. Hot is good :) , extract hot is awesome :) , but that flavor... Blecchh!

Unfortunately, I tried the hottest Defcon last year, on the toothpick and I thought it tasted like extract.. Sorry bro.. ;) I just do not think that there is a way to make an extract sauce without the extract taste.

Although DEFCON is next to my buddy Amir from Green Bandit this year... Be nice creator! lol -Lars-

Oh! Green Bandit! I've had one of his sauces! I like the ingredients (especially the Red Bell Peppers he uses).

I must dissagree with you on the Defcon Condition Zero however. EZ Earl and Defcon have been the cleanest tasting extracts that I've ever had. I would actually describe Condition Zero Batch #3 as "Cotton Candy-isy" in flavor, with a nice hint of hard alcohol.

Back