• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Fatali sauce

having a second year fatali and bhut, I have a lot of ripe peppers already.  It's on the stovetop now but here is what I have done so far:

3/4 lb fatali
9 bhut jolokia
1/2 lb carrots
1 1/4 lb onion
2 small heads of garlic
2 1/2 tbsp. hempseed oil
2 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

I took 1 1/2 tbsp. of the oil and put the carrots and onion on a tray in the oven.  I also splashed a little of the oil on the two heads of garlic and roasted those in foil.  All items at 400 til they were kind of mushy.  Then I set the oven to broil and put the peppers on a pan until they were somewhat blackened.  I chopped them up a bit, added everything to a pot and it is simmering as we speak.  I'm not sure how this will turn out but I am starting to be able to breath again and it smells pretty good. 

oh...and a tsp of kosher salt

it is in the canner now.  I gave it a taste test...yowzers!  it has heat!  not too bad on the flavor piece, either.  we'll see how it tastes in a couple of days

I tasted it today.  I couldn't wait.  It's pretty good.  I think one more batch with a little more mango and a touch more vinegar.  The oil separated a little bit.  I know that oil isn't necessary, but I was kind of hoping for something like balir's smokin' hot pot, with heat.  The heat is not so bad as the dave's gourmet stuff, but it isn't far off. 

Back