• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatalii - Yellow top leaves.

Hey guys,

I know there's plenty of topics around in regards to yellow leaves.

http://imgur.com/2WCOT

I haven't been able to find one with this particular yellowing.

This particular Fatalii has been grown in my grow room with a single 130w CFL 6400k globe with batwing.

A fan is on for around 10 hours a day and the light is on for 15 hours a day. Most of the other plants seem to be fine - but some have started to develop this yellowing of the top new leaves.

Watering schedule is around once per week and fertilizing with Chilli focus (normal strength) every other week.

I have been reading it could be a lack of NItrogen - or nutes in the tap water I am using - I dont let the water sit for a few hours in a bucket as other recommend to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Quite a few of mine look the same as that.
A while ago i'd have been worried about it, but nowadays i just leave them to it, and they seem to right themselves.
No doubt some of the others with more knowledge might be able to shed some info on the problem :)

Hey guys,

I know there's plenty of topics around in regards to yellow leaves.

I haven't been able to find one with this particular yellowing.

This particular Fatalii has been grown in my grow room with a single 130w CFL 6400k globe with batwing.

A fan is on for around 10 hours a day and the light is on for 15 hours a day. Most of the other plants seem to be fine - but some have started to develop this yellowing of the top new leaves.

Watering schedule is around once per week and fertilizing with Chilli focus (normal strength) every other week.

I have been reading it could be a lack of NItrogen - or nutes in the tap water I am using - I dont let the water sit for a few hours in a bucket as other recommend to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

If there was a Nitrogen issue then I would expect to see the lower leaves change to yellow. When there is a lack of Nitrogen the plants will pull the nutrient out of the older leaves and move it to the newer leaves.

There is a table of Symptoms of Deficiencies and Toxicities that I find useful. Iron deficiency is listed as one that is visible first via the younger leaves of a plant between the veins. Manganese deficiency also has a symptom of yellowing between the veins though it may be too early to see if the symptoms that follow will show.

There is a chart about on nutrient availability versus pH that I will try to dig up. In the meantime it may help to find out what is the pH of your tap water.

Yeah, I have a feeling it may be the tap water. I am going to try air the water out before watering from now on.

Try no nutes for a while. When I see yellow leaves it's usually too much water, fertilizer or overheated roots. (containers in full sun overheat the roots easily)

Thanks bigt. Didn't fertilize my guys over the weekend. And haven't watered them for a week or so. See how it goes.

My peppers are doing this too... they have yellow thru the veins.. i dont think im overwatering.. but now im cautious..
And all my new growth is yellow or green with yellowing veins.. it almost looks bleached.. :(

My fatalli are doing the same thing and also my aji limos I don't know what's up with them. They are the only variaties that are doing it. They seem to be doing fine other than the newest leaves being yellow. I have bhuts, scorps, jalapeños that are all treated the same and they looks fine. Don't know.......

I have some fataliis doing this right now, as well.  They were perfectly fine just 2 weeks ago.  Loads of peppers over the last few weeks, though, too.  Right now, I'm getting about 7-8 pods every 2-3 days.  And we have had some heavy rains.

Back