Finefinefine. I submit. There are seasonal beers.

I've faught this mentally for as long as I can, but now, the fight is over. I submit. I will now finally admit that beers are best enjoyed when the match the season you are in.

I always said, it doesn't matter. You can drink and enjoy a Marzen in the dead of Spring, Stouts in 100 degree heat, or a Hefe in Winter....but I now submit and admit to my foolishness. Yes, you can drink these styles no matter what the weather, but they are best enjoyed during the season they were made for.

Why the change of heart? I picked up some Mackeson's XXX Stout (best drunken warm...trust me) and cracked one open at 3PM while working outside. Boy I had a hard time drinking that. So I now fully realize my error, Stouts colder weather, same with Barelywines, Hefe's warmer weather same with Seasons. Marzens for the fall, etc etc.

You are wrong. You just couldn't handle it.

It's a good thing you have finally come to your sensors.:P

I have been matching my beers to the seasons for years, and it great cause my brother makes his home brews according to the season as well.

But i will have a good stout in summer if i'm in an airconditioned pub....mmmmmmmmmmm;)

imaguitargod said:
cracked one open at 3PM while working outside. Boy I had a hard time drinking that. So I now fully realize my error, Stouts colder weather, same with Barelywines, Hefe's warmer weather same with Seasons. Marzens for the fall, etc etc.
Yeah, outside work and thick, dark beer don't go well. Barleywine is STRICTLY a winter warmer IMO.

When working outside you want something either light and refreshing or crisp and hoppy. I vote for hoppy. I drink UBER strong hoppy beers when i work on my car. It was way better than water for sure.

I used to not give a crap about that either until i moved to Florida and discovered that pounding down Optimators in the summertime here is definitely not a good thing to do.

Outside in the summer time I drink Shiner, inside in the summer I drink Shiner, outside in the winter, I drink shiner....well, you get the picture...

that Mackeson is some good stuff...may have to get a 6 later today..

rainbowberry said:
All I know is that a lot of lads over in England drink lager in the summer and bitter in the winter.

Thats about the same game my friends and i do here in Florida.

rainbowberry said:
All I know is that a lot of lads over in England drink lager in the summer and bitter in the winter.

Cough cider here me dear and winter time stout and old ale for me anyway..:rolleyes:

If you drink a stout cold it loses its full-bodiedness.

IGG, thank you for fitting the description of Beer Nerd. Seasonal beer, humbug! :rolleyes: Just drink it! That is what they made it for. You know you can drink a PBR anytime.

Seasonal Shmeasonal. Marketing games.

I bet we could make some ketchup and slap a summer, spring, autumn and winter label on 4 different bottle. Then sell all 4 ketchups to IGG and he will appear to enjoy his psychologically enhanced catsup during the corresponding seasons.

He will complain one it too springy in the summer and then he will get a job as a ketchup guru....

thehotpepper.com said:
He will complain one it too springy in the summer and then he will get a job as a ketchup guru....

True. Then he will have another stupid nickname like Passow the King O' Ketchup.:rolleyes:

Back