• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Flora "Vegetative Growth Stage"

My Flora set tells me to add more nutrients when the flower is on "Vegetative Growth Stage", could you tell me when the plant is in this stage?

I would say when it gets to the 2-3rd level of adult leaves -- a much broader leaf and should have quite a few

Peppers do not go through a veg and bloom stage like some other popular plants. They continue to grow and bloom at the same time so IMO a more well balanced fertilizer would work much better. I know Willard uses equal parts of Flora micro, grow, and bloom with great success.

I'm doing the same with BioBizz that is also designed for other popular plants, but works VERY well with pepper plants!I am using an equal amount of all the components except for the Root Juice, I am using that only in the early stages or fertilitzing and after a possible 2nd transplantation.

Could someone post me a picture of plant in the "Vegetative Growth Stage"? I don't want to give too much nutrients!

I guess you tranplant your plants to larger pots after a month or sth like that (when they have grown a third set of leaves), I'd start using this fertilizer a few weeks after that, because most soil has a little fertilizer for a few weeks included. If you start using it after about 4 weeks and use only half of what they say on the bottle you should be doing okay!

unska said:
Could someone post me a picture of plant in the "Vegetative Growth Stage"? I don't want to give too much nutrients!

The only real vegetative state with peppers would be before any flowers form. After that they usually grow and bloom simultaneously

Back