• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Chili Cake

flourless-chocolate-chili-cake.jpg

I love sweet and savory dishes but super sweet and super hot? I had tried this mexican chocolate infused with chiles and couldnt believe how incredible it was. So i did some googling and found this recipe that turned out to be my new favorite dessert. I just had to share it with the folks here at THP.

This recipe follows that of a traditional flourless chocolate cake except for the addition of ground chilis which adds plenty of heat and a hint of spice to the sweet treat. You can cool it down by serving it alongside a scoop of sorbet or gelato.

Ingredients
8 oz. good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1 stick of good quality unsalted butter
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon ground chilis, depending on the heat you want
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar

Procedure
1. Preheat oven to 350. Creme the butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and mix just to incorporate. Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
3. Mix in the chocolate and chili. Pour into a lightly buttered pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan. Serv

Awesome! I love flourless chocolate cake. Yum. I'd add some coffee ice cream.

A place by me makes a flourless chocolate cake with a warm ganache center with toasted hazelnuts.

A place by me makes a flourless chocolate cake with a warm ganache center with toasted hazelnuts.

hmmmm. that would take some work but i think i could do that lol the flourless cake is so dense i am not sure how to fill it but damn that sounds incredible. just add peppers right? lol maybe i'll put the gnache on top and keep the pepper out of the cake and just top it off with a pepper salt?

You just don't bake it until done, and the center is ganache. :)

Try it. May take some experimenting with times.

Yes, just add peppers :D

Cool, yeah try it. Since it's flourless, it's not dough, it's basically ganache you are baking, so if you don't finish it, bonus, ooey gooey center. Could be amazing with chilies. Please post pics! :)

Back