Four more from Spicegeist's!

Charles was nice enough to give me a second group of peppers to taste.

5lokCuVl.jpg

Again, I apologize for taking the picture on a potato.  I'll get an actual camera one of these days so you guys can see how awesome these peppers looked.  You may note that I have the names written down here on what was my notes sheet.  Of interest is the fact that I mixed up the Brain Strain and the Trinidad Scorpion MB.  That lead to some fun times later with my friends who wanted to help taste.

From the right going left:

Cumari do Para

Wow!  These little things pack a hell of a punch!  The pepper has a sweet, citrisy smell that borders on acrid but doesn't quite commit.  The taste reflects this and the burn is very sharp, almost numbing.  This was the longest lasting burn I've ever experienced as well.  About 15 minutes until I was back to normal.

Choco Bhut x Fatalii

We all agreed that this had the best overall taste.  The pepper is incredibly aromatic and smells and tastes like a red bell pepper at first.  We all agreed that the spice hit us in the back of the throat as well.  To me the heat wasn't very hot, but another friend claimed it was much hotter than the brain strain (which she doesn't feel much heat from but kills me).  To me, this was the most comforting burn.

7 Pot Brain Strain Trinidad Scorpion MB

I let my friends try the 7-pot brain strain while I took a break since I'd already had it.  After they both hit the floor and drained my all the milk in the house, I began to suspect that I'd gotten my peppers mixed up and tried a piece myself.  

Wow.  This is by far the hottest thing I have ever (and likely will ever) put in my body.  I was seriously hoping the pepper wouldn't live up to the hype and would underwhelm me, but this simply wasn't the case.  The heat has an entirely different character than any I've tasted in the past and is the only one which made my stomach physically painful.

Trinidad Scorpion MB 7 Pot Brain Strain

My friend who was doubled over in pain from the TSMB, to her credit, demanded to finish out the peppers.  She claims this has a heat equivalent to a jalapeno.  You can see my previous post for my full review of this pepper.

Again, big thanks to Charles for sending these my way!

Back