• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Garden Log Software

My wife's brother in-law and I are in the market for some gardening software. For the most part we want something that we can use to log data such as...

-Track seed types
-Where stuff is planted (create a graphic of your garden and where plants are)
-When compost/ferts get added (user input)
-Costs (user input)
-Ability to upload pics into journal
-Supports all/most popular veges and of course peppers
-Can log plant sizes/production
-Calendar for when to Sow/Plant/Frost dates/etc.

So I think this would qualify as a program that is really an advanced journal of sorts that allows pics to be uploaded and has a built in calendar and graphic representation of the garden(s).

Anyone know of any software that would fit this bill? I have done some looking but I have not yet found anything that has blown me away and has impressed me really.

Hi fellow gardeners! I am the author of HERB.IQ, I actually made a release of a previous version with all the sticky references removed. I just posted the source code and a manual installer you can use, just make sure you have the .NET 4 framework installed.

Project is here --> http://plantiq.codeplex.com/

Thanks so much -- this is awesome! There are still a a fair number of unintended references still built in, I think -- as much as I wish it were not true, sadly, all of my pepper are 0% indica/sativa. ;) The tools for tracking different stages of plant life are handy, and I want to play with it more to see about tracking lifecycles, and plant sharing (new seeds & plants coming in, surplus seeds and clones going out.) This is really something handy -- it beats the crap out of my excel spreadsheet, that's for sure. :)

Yeah this is very cool. I have just downloaded the new one and will have to play with it. Looking forward to seeing what its like now. Going to be interesting to see how I can keep track of my plants.

Back