• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning all :)

breakfast tacos this morning before sending the wife off to her Swimmeet
this one determines who made their times and get to compete in the State meet
(she's hopeful they well do well based on the last few practices) 
nvRj6wl.jpg
pulled pork, salsa,scrambled eggs,cotija cheese, red onion,cilantro,avocado, and mine got a heavy splash of WarrantMans hot sauce

36F/2C and windy here this morning
still need to start my annum seeds soon
hope you all are having a wonderful safe weekend 
S.M.I.L.E. 

Good Morning THP!
Today I'll be getting the my seeds started in the aerogarden. Got one of those cool 50 spot starter trays so hopefully no damage removing seedlings for transplanting this year. I decided to add Fataliis from Seed Savers Exchange into the mix so I can see how I do compared to all of you in the Throwdown.

Getting ready to throw a few pounds of pork tenderloin into the crock pot for pulled pork sliders, made a killer chili last night, and a few other things I haven't decided yet for the game tonight.

Hope you all have a great day  :cheers:

Good morning everyone.  Happy Super Bowl Sunday. These crazy temperatures should be in the 70's for the eastern part of CO, and then next week snow and 0*F for a low. We need the moisture so - whatever.

Party at 4pm and lots of conversation with everyone. Enjoy the day S.M.I.L.E. - thanks to GIP.

Be the best you can be. Sic - let us know how things go for you. Best to GIP's wife's swim team. Go Girls!

Good morning.  Up a little late last night.  Great comeback by the Chiefs.  It was a good night but a little stressful.  I took the "over" on the number pelvic thrusts at halftime and easily won that bet. We think the final number was approaching infinity.  Lots of bombs, fireworks and gunshots happening in the countryside that kept me awake until late.  They're saying Wednesday is the big parade day in KC.  I remember the last parade (for the Royals WS win) there were a lot of people there. 

Anyway, slept in for a 1/2 hour this morning.  My schedule looks pretty light today. It was damn near 70 yesterday and they're forecasting snow for tomorrow.  If you don't like the WX in Kansas City, just wait a day and there will be something completely different.  Be safe and be good.  

good morning all :)

The kiddos on wifes swim team did okay, not sure they all fully understood the point of practicing for events you know you are strong at and sign up for those so you can make the times. :lol:
They'll learn what they can and can't do, about half of them will be able to swim at least one event at State
One of the kids may have potentially broke another kids foot horsing around on the slippery pool deck  :neutral: hope she will be just fine and its not broke.

its a bit colder here this morning but less windy, currently 27F/-3C

hope everyone had a fun safe weekend, and has a magnificent Monday
S.M.I.L.E. 

Good morning everyone.  Cloudy, just waiting for the forecasted snow. Nice party yesterday with way too much food. Everyone loved the simple Chile casseroles so nothing came home. 

Sic - glad to hear the Sebring decision, and the choice for a better race. Just keep on riding. GIP - your wife deserves the medal for coach of the school. She is one dedicated gal. 

Have a great day and share the joy with others. 

Good morning.  The whole place is buzzing over the big Chief's Parade today (snow or shine).  They are anticipating over 1 million people in downtown KC.  I don't want to get anywhere near that madness.  The schools are out and some businesses have shut.  On top of it, there's snow moving in from the southwest which could make it a very interesting day in KC.  The office is mostly vacant because of this ..... so it should be productive  :rolleyes: .  I've only got one meeting (teleconference) on the schedule.  If the weather gets iffy, I'll leave the office in the late morning and "work from home" this afternoon ;) . 

I checked on my pepper starts last evening and I've got somewhere around 50 baby's that I moved under the lights.  I expect this weekend I'll be very busy.  I've got lots of seeds (that's an understatement :shh: ) starting in paper towels that I'll need to get into some soil.  

Be safe and be good.  

Cold and quiet out here this morning 11F/-12C
Supposed to warm up this afternoon, but the wind is supposed to pick up then too so, :shrug:
i'd rather have wind than snow any day.

Had a nice "day off" with the wife yesterday, at least we were both able to work from home and didnt need to do any driving.
 Got a chance to sort through some more of my seeds, so many seeds not enough space... Really wish i could grow everything still new to me. :lol:
Each year more new to me peppers to try, in addition to all the varietals i know i like, and want to grow more of  :rolleyes:

hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday
S.M.I.LE. and be excellent to one another

Good morning everyone. Sunny and cold - yesterday the high was 18*F, last night was -4*F. The blanket of snow looks beautiful for pictures, with more snow forecast by the weekend. Our storm was more calmer than the mid states are getting. Looks like New England is getting pummeled.

I hear you, GIP, with too many seeds you want to try, and not enough space. Harry is lucky to have lots of acreage on his farm and can grow such a variety of vegetables. I'll just be happy if the hail finds a different home this year. 

Have a great day and enjoy the beauty of the earth. Time for coffee.

Good morning.  It's 19 right now with a forecasted high 36.  My schedule is kind of light today.  The wife made some fine tasting hot chili last night but unfortunately it kept me up most of the night  :doh:.  Be safe and be good.  

another cold one here today, same as yesterday,12/-11, but its less cloudy and brighter out. Not supposed to get another snow until Sunday, we'll see if that changes before then.

Some leftover Chili over some fried eggs with maybe some rice, sounds good for brekkie Harry. Wife made Blueberry muffins though :) so that's brekkie today.

hope you all are having a fantastic week
S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning everyone. I hear another cold front coming through with more snow predicted. I just wish the transplants would learn how to drive/deal with the snow. I hear you, dragonsfire, waiting for the seeds to sprout. 

We have to pick up our rejuvenated tiller this AM before another snowfall. The tiller gets worked hard in the Fall.

Time for oatmeal and hot chai or coffee. S.M.I.L.E. - thanks to GIP. Enjoy the earth's beauty.

Back