• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds grinder that turns seeds to powder too!

Hi all, I plan on making different powders from some of my Hot peppers. Does anyone know of said such machine. I would like to find one. HELP cRAYZy in California:cheers:

I bought one of those GE coffee grinders there at local walmart that does a decnet job. I beleive its a burr type grinder. I usually run the peppers though one of them small black and decker handy choppers then dump it into the grinder with whatever else I want to add like dried garlic etc. You will have to tilt it side to side sometimes to make sure it all goes through. When done just run it through again. Works pretty well.

You can also get one of those hand grinders like you use for pepper where you twist the top and it crushed the pepper out the bottom. There are several sizes you can get from Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart caries two sizes. BBB though has some really small nice ones. I've found that the best way to go since sometimes the peppers dont grind so fine as to go through the really small holes of a salt shaker.

Carito said:
...You can also get one of those hand grinders like you use for pepper where you twist the top and it crushed the pepper out the bottom. There are several sizes you can get from Bed Bath and Beyond and Walmart caries two sizes. BBB though has some really small nice ones. I've found that the best way to go since sometimes the peppers dont grind so fine as to go through the really small holes of a salt shaker.

Great idea Carito! Dehydrate or smoke and grind away.

I also use a coffee grinder, mine is Hamilton Beach. Itpowders seeds with a little finesse.

I had seen on "Good Eats"(foodtv.com) that seeds make chile powder and paprika bitter. I believe just about everything that Alton Brown says, so I no longer grind my seeds.(I am also saving seeds for next years crop, but the flavor is my main reason). Anyone else heard this?

I am doing some without right now, I will let you know if it tastes any better. It tasted great before, so leaving seeds in couldn't hurt too much.

cheezydemon said:
I also use a coffee grinder, mine is Hamilton Beach. Itpowders seeds with a little finesse.

Dont accidentally forget and use it to grind some coffee without cleaning it out real good!

When I say "Nuthing like a nice hot cup of coffe" thats not exactly what I had in mind :(

POTAWIE said:
Maybe try grinding just the seeds to see if there is a bitter taste.

A good idea, I will need to clean it out to be as scientific as possible. Not sure when I will get to that.

Skyjerk said:
Dont accidentally forget and use it to grind some coffee without cleaning it out real good!

When I say "Nuthing like a nice hot cup of coffe" thats not exactly what I had in mind :(

No fear! Lol, I don't let my wife near it.

Back