• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Grow light stand build

This is a simple light stand fixture I've been putting together.

I used 10 pieces of 2 foot square bar and 7 pieces of 4 foot square bar, 3/4x3/4" 11ga

And i used 4 feet of 1' sqaure bar(16ga) cut into four pieces.

100_1219.jpg

The fixture is made up of 2 frames, a back stand and then two front legs

the first frame is made up of two 4' and two 2'

its easiest to lay the 2' bars on top, but when all put together itll be flipped

100_1220.jpg

The frames are pretty simple. just tac weld it all then weld it all up

the next frame is the exact same but with two more 2' bars each 1' from the sides

100_1222.jpg

100_1235.jpg

I'll update more soon.
Thanks for looking
Gavin

The next step is making the back stand. Half of the stand will also become the back legs.
I put this together with three 4' bars and two 2'.

This first part is to connect all the 4' bars this is the basic frame of the stand.

100_1224.jpg

The next part was alittle tricker. i put the 2' bars on the corners. A helping hand or some magnets make this alot easier.

100_1225.jpg

After that all the main parts are together. 2 frames, and a back.

So my goal was to have the frames come on at the 2' mark, but after measuring i decided i wanted this to be a bit taller, and not so low so i wouldnt have to bend over when messing with my plants. (for a young dude i have an 80 year olds back)

So i decided id add a foot to each leg(which i now wish i had done before welding everything together:p) And iwanted to make it alittle nicer so i went up to 1" bar
each cut into a one foot length.

I started with the easy part and just took the 2' 3/4" legs that havent been welded and set them up

because the bar was 16ga(just ran to home depot to get it. didnt feel like waiting a week for the better stuff to come in) i put in some little metal scraps between the two bars to hold it in place
tac. and weld around.
100_1227.jpg

After i finished i just ground it to look nice
btw the machine i used as just some little cheap anyone can weld machine(except you have to be an expert to know how to fix all the problems which happens about every 5 minutes) it put out welds no where near as good as a quality machine i normally use.

the next part was real hard, considering the back as larger than the makeshift pallet work table.
pretty much just a bunch manuvering to get to the right spot.

100_1228.jpg

Thanks for looking. ill update more in a few days with the assembly.

Gavin

Been busy for the last few days but this should be the second to last update

the next thing i did was to put the 2ft legs on the top frame(frame without middle bars)
forgot to take pictures but its pretty simple anyways

next i welded the second frame to the bars. Put bricks all around as it turned out they were the perfect hight

100_1237.jpg

100_1238.jpg

This next part was by far the hardest. And in the end it seems it would of been easyer to weld the 4' feet onto the frames without the top bars

100_1239.jpg

Pretty much just tried putting it upside down and just did all i could to align it right and weld

100_1240.jpg

ta da

almost done

with have the rest up this weekend

(its all done, just getting finishing touches)

Thanks for looking

Gavin

Sorry guys! been away for a while. i could of swore i posted the rest.

Prettu much i put 2 hook on each side to accomidate for 2 4' 4 bulb lights (one hook in the middle would work aswell for one 8 bulb. But with multiple lights i can raise and lower different lights)

and gave it a primer coat of paint and then a normal coat. i picked orange because it goes with my quantum badboy

heres it all done. (minus a light)

e825e30f.jpg

Cool. So do you have a light hanging around or are you buying one? I want to get a light fixture for my own rig I'm planning.

Back