• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

in-ground Growing in the Ground

For those who grow in the ground, what do you do to prepare it? Do you simply just till what you have? Any additives? Any soil that needs to be purchased (garden mixes)?

Thanks for any advice or tips

For those who grow in the ground, what do you do to prepare it? Do you simply just till what you have? Any additives? Any soil that needs to be purchased (garden mixes)?

Thanks for any advice or tips

Depends upon what your soil is now!

What is the composition of your soil?

SC

Mainly sandy loam (mixture of clay, silt and sand)

Personaly I would think you would have no problem, Ph test would be recommended, and any additional organic compost not too rich in nitro. would be good,

The plant will live on what you give it, so some fish emulsion or equivalent might be recommended as well. The first year will tell the story!

I grow strictly in the ground, so kinda my forte but every one here know I'm no expert. Every place is different, I'm sure you will get additional advise here.

Just a thought, Keep on growing :woohoo: SC

I would suggest getting a DIY soil testing kit (test for macronutrients and pH) or sending a sample into your local county extension office for analysis. At least you know where your are starting with.

go to home despot and buy some N'RICH by kellogg

http://www.kellogggarden.com/products?brand=kellogg&category=kellogg-soils#11

3.0 cubic feet ±$10 after paying "moonbeam"

mix with what you got i think they say spread 2" thick and mix into top x"

see the videos they got

I agree with everyone on testing the soil. The soil i have in my raised bed is mainly garden soil, top soil, perlite. Compost and shit as needed every year. You should test your soil at least every other year because things change over time. Well aged garden soil takes time and is like gold to me

Back