• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing peppers at my new office!!!

Hey all!

I am in the process of moving into a new office (and into a new position with some other people, pretty awesome) and my boss told us all to make it our home away from home. I told him I was going to grow hot peppers at my desk and he LOVED the idea (he loves hot peppers, too). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on grow kits that would fit on a desktop besides the aerogarden? I found this on Amazon but I don't know if it would be good to grow peppers for an extended amount of time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006856EQ/ref=s9_hps_ft_g86_ir24/190-6009086-9949106?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=13WYDBKS4BS7GRHPB2CV&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1761938522&pf_rd_i=1000999281

Should I just do a DIY frame out of PVC to hold lights up and use dirt? It may save me money, I just don't want it to look hack-job-ey lol.

yeah a 4 or 2ft T8 / T5 flouro light and pvc to hold it up (you can paint it if you want it to look a lil better)
then just keep them in 6in or gallon pots, you'll get like 1-2ft high plants and should produce some peppers.

bwahahaha, no peter peppers at work.....we are already an HR nightmare, I don't even want to think about how much interactions would degrade!

I think I'll do some square pots under a DIY frame with a T5 ballast. Or I'll make LEDs to keep consumption low.

Peter peppers would actually be perfect for a situation like that.  As long as you played it straight-faced from start to end.

"She said they look like WHAT?!  Oh my god!  Here I am, trying to brighten my day with a little greenery, and these sex-addled ninnies can't appreciate the beauty of nature without saying it looks like some delicious manbits?!  Did she...  did she say it looked like my manbits?  Something that small?  Madame HR Personlady, I would formally like to file a complaint about this sexually charged work environment!  I can't even walk past her desk now without hanging my head in shame and imagining she's undressing me with her eyes and smirking!"

Bonus points if you run out of the office bawling, with one hand covering your tears and another holding a piece of paper over your groin to block the predatory gazes of lustful women with no sense of propriety.

Hahahah...all hail to the peter pepper..you all just wait till my grow tent with my DWC system is full of peter peppers....can't wait...;)
LordHill said:
I think you would be able to make something a bit cheaper ..but hell you could say screw it and purchase that and be done with it..I'm just not the type to purchase something without trying to make it myself ...:)

Back