• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Guess that pepper!

Not a game show. I just need to know what these bad boys are. Found them at Food Lion. Getting peppers hotter than a jalapeno is rare around here!

qn2wt0.jpg

I was thinking red habs?

It's funny, when I find nice hot peppers in stores around here, I always buy them up and feel like I am saving an abandoned puppy or something :) lmao

My first thought was red habs, and I'm sticking with it, considering they came from a grocery store. Nice find! We get orange habs here at my local grocer. In the late summer/early fall, the store also brings in food from some of the local farms and sometimes they bring in things not normally found at the store. Good times!

+1 on red habaneros. They look just a lot like the Caribbean red habs I grow, except maybe a little bigger. Definitely my favorite so far. (Maybe this summer will change that…)

Another guess for the Caribbean Reds.  Got some here, just not as dark of red as yours.  Will post a couple pics shortly of mine.

Here is a picture of what I have.  If they look cold, they are.  They just came out of the freezer for a picture.
reds2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Caribbean reds are usually bigger than regular reds.
I would guess regular red habs. Still delicious, just a little less meat on them.

One of the grocers up north here got in a load of the same. Labeled red habaneros here. Nicest batch I've seen in a long time and I too cleared the shelf of all the good looking ones.

Usually we get scotch bonnets that are red yellow orange green and mostly spoiled so it was a nice surprise for me as well.

Now, after munching one, what to do with them all.. Enjoy your find pepperjack!

Obchilli-- those look very orange to me, and identical to the orange habs I grew last season.

Back