• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Gunners 1st Hunt/Trip Pics

Well we got back this evening.Trip was great,had fun.
Gunner moved some birds(all Grouse).He "bumped" em mostly
didnt point but it was his 1st time and he will learn.He did
know he was looking for em and did finds them so he will learn
in time to "slow down.lolAnd of course I missed all the ones I shot at!! lol Here are a few pics
The Cabin
gr1.jpg

Gunner and Joanne after the long drive and evening hunt
gr2.jpg

Gunner after mondays hunt(the day he found his 1st birds)
gr3.jpg

countinued

the 1st two days were very unseasonally warm for michigan
was in the upper 70's so we hunted the evenings.that was
when we flushed all the birds
gr4.jpg

some deer in a field and some of the remaining fall colors
gr5.jpg

and Gunner and I in the "thick stuff"
gr8.jpg

Saw no elk but then again we didnt go looking for em.overall it was a great trip and I am glad to know Gunner likes hunting:)
and glad to be back on the forum too!!
flushed a total of 10 grouse in about 10 hrs of hunting

haha looks like you two had some fun. Surprised to see how barron the trees look there. When I drove out of Newport, RI, there were plenty of great looking trees with Fall leaves..all they way out of New England really.

Great to see you had a successful trip my friend and a nice collection of photos..Great to see Gunner has started well in his training and seems to be doing well.Pic of him on the bed made my wife smile..its a dogs life :)

I bet he's dreaming of being back there every time he closes his eyes, and thinks you're headed back every time you pick up your car keys.

great pics and good looking hunting country...is this state land?

I agree with Bent...Gunner will have your keys in his mouth standing at the door looking at you saying "what are you waiting for?"...

RB...it is the male sense of humor...sometimes those pictures taken unsuspectingly are things of beauty...like the time I took a picture of my wife in her.....oops...not the right forum... :lol:

How do you train the dogs to point, or is that something they pick up instinctively. I love getting out into the woods, looked like a fun trip.

Thanks everyone.It was indeed a great trip.AJ,the ppl who own the cabins have 40 acres of land but the land across the road
(about 100 yards from cabin)is all state land.R.B.,she knew I took the pic :lol:Dick,pointing comes naturally and is instictive.I put on my hunting jacket today to see what Gunner would do,well his tail started waggin :)
opps forgot to say that the colors were in full swing but
monday night a front came thru with high winds so ,there went the leaves (which helped see birds better )

AlabamaJack said:
RB...it is the male sense of humor...sometimes those pictures taken unsuspectingly are things of beauty...like the time I took a picture of my wife in her.....oops...not the right forum... :lol:

Its the RIGHT forum..Where all mad here so spill the beans :lol:

good to hear you had a good trip, its not always about bagging/tagging game, but you know that.
those grouse sure catch me by surprise while walking through the woods :lol:

trees are looking the same here.

chilehunter said:
those grouse sure catch me by surprise while walking through the woods :lol:

trees are looking the same here.

Its funny that the ones the dog points and holds tight on
then you get the flush you almost want to just watch it all
but the ones that wild flush by you are the ones you want to shoot the sh*t out of for scaring the begesus out of you:lol::lol:

Nice photos, glad you had a great time and that the weather was nice. Also glad that you've made it back to civilization okay. :lol:

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
lol Here are a few pics
The Cabin

Gunner after mondays hunt(the day he found his 1st birds)
gr3.jpg

You must be pretty short to be able to fit in that dog bed, coz, i dont think the dog was gonna move....

Back