• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's Glog 2012

Is it that time again already? Feels like yesterday I was picking final harvests, disonnecting drip lines out in the garden and digging up pepper plants for the winter. Where does the time go?

Anyhow, I see people are already in full swing here on THP. What a lovely site. I'll be the first to admit, I'm running a little late this year, but I have an excuse I'm prepared to live with....

7114685757_d5b074d6e4_c.jpg

7114685603_0acb6dcd4c_z.jpg

6968607380_a4a7756a49_z.jpg

7114686617_7b5269c7f7_c.jpg

:P I needed a vacation! Well that, and a good friend of mine asked if I wanted to open up a restaurant in Thailand. Who says no to that? Not I.

We had a great time. Its paradise, and very cheap. Above all, as a chili head, Thai food is a gift from God himself. I ate better and fresher food than you could ever get in the US, for pennies a meal. The trip was awesome. I think Im even suffering from seperation anxiety...lol I couldn't even begin to go into all the things that happened on this trip, without this starting to sound like more of a blog than a GLOG, so I'll spare you guys for now.

Anyway, down to business. Before I left, I started a 72 cell super hot tray and pulled the mothers from last year outside.

7000565561_e6ea3f306c.jpg

6853788736_d8471419a5.jpg

6953290335_44f7660374.jpg

The lady bugs went to work on the mothers, and I felt confident that Mrs. Guru could take care of the germination while I was away.

6854454322_62e0e740d0.jpg

Now, I'd be lying if I said I never worried for a second while I was away. I had already started my seeds a week or two later than usual and now I was going to be gone while they were supposed to be "born"....lol but I knew the better option for my sanity was to let go, remember I was on vacation and not think about the seeds. Im glad I did, because the ole lady did ok! :P

I got back, germ rates were near 100% and it was on to potting up!

7114682885_8d4046f56a.jpg

Quick make shift shade house for the tender seedlings after a transplant and a break in the clouds.

6968607084_b90b8da498.jpg

Yeah me too man. I adore Fatalii as if she were a spicy mistress. If there was but only one variety left on earth, Id want it to be Fatalii. All the characteristics in a pepper I like. The flavor...huge Chinese with a very citrusy Asian annum zing at the front! Very aromatic without the perfumey thing. Great heat right at the front and EPIC heat in the finish! I put mine up against all the "super hots" that people send and the mouth effect is always superior. The super hots get my gut, Fatalii don't. I like that. However, the mental effects of the Brain may just be worth it ;)

Speaking of Fatalii...Mrs. Gurus Fatamango jam

7630677240_9ef3519940.jpg

I like Fatal Mango better but this was her thing when I came home the other night...lol Love my Wife!

you making me hungry with that jam,im still trying to figure out your crazy growth on your monsters,i was able to grow fast in my ghetto kit but when it goes to my soil they look crap i even barely feed the ones in my ghetto kit and they grow like crazy

I'll take 3 jars how much do I owe you? :P

Haha but really I want to make some jams for sure. They will make good X-mas gifts, if I can get my self to give any away.

Shoot I wanna come home to my wife making jam, I'd be happy if she boiled water.

I'll take 3 jars how much do I owe you? :P

Haha but really I want to make some jams for sure. They will make good X-mas gifts, if I can get my self to give any away.

Shoot I wanna come home to my wife making jam, I'd be happy if she boiled water.

Damn that looks good....Yep I need a future ex that can boil water with a nice ass! dammit

Be well sonny! hehe

So I've just spent the last couple of hours reading through all 22 pages of this, Rich you are a G!

I know that going all organic next year is the only way, especially after all the info I've gained from here and over at the city.

You deserve some sort of award for all of your huge plants man!

Amazing as always RIch!! What size pot is that in? I put my prized purple bhut in a 65ga smart pot, growing like a weed! Can't wait to have a tree like urs! Keep up the great work, and update update update!! :D

Back