Hello, also from Space Coast FL!

Hi all - just want to introduce myself!

I'm an ex-pat Brit, now living on the beautiful coast of Atlantic-side Florida, just up from Canaveral.

I've been growing hot peppers, making sauces, shakers, powders, for many years - and I'm pretty much a total convert to the church of fermentation (though I know and understand that fresh sauces and pickles have their siren-calls too!)

Normally I do my thang with relatively low-sco peppers such as Jalapenos & Serranos, up-to some hot Aji's and Habs...  and since I've been located here (just down the coast from St. Augustine) the wonderful Datil has been featuring heavily in my grow and sauce plans.  I'm now venturing into the (for me!) uncharted waters of the super-hots which is exciting and frightening, in equal measures.

I've been a lurker here - the pre-eminent forum for people like me - for many moons; have recently registered and just today stuck my head into chat - which was very welcoming!

So, that's me in a nutshell. And thanks v much to you guys for making this place the "go-to" for everything peppery.

Best,

James N

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Thanks everyone for the really lovely welcome; much appreciated!

RocketMan said:
Welcome from the Space Coast, also.

If you don't know about it check this out:  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/48723-calling-all-florida-thp-members-i-like-it-hot-festival/#entry1029170

There are a group of us planning on a meet and greet there on Saturday and Sunday.

Oh wow, I really wish I could make this...  Sadly I'm crossing the pond for a week, that weekend.

Too bad, darnit :(

Maybe next year.

Back