Hello from Georgia

Just wanted my first post to say hello.
I stumbled onto this site in Oct of 2011.
I was given a ghost chile plant from a friend. While researching i found this site.
I have alway had a garden, growing jalapenos, bells, cayennes, along with tomatoes and what not. But this plant was the first time i experienced anything hotter than a habanero.
So of course i was hooked. I started daily checking this site, browsing the new post or searching old post.
Here is are some picts of the ghost from last year.
13393540493451.jpg

13393541016202.jpg

13393540269810.jpg

The seeds came original from CPI, then grown in Texas during the 2010 season, then peppers sent to Georgia that fall where the seeds were then started by my friend in May of 2011, which i was given a plant. They did not look like the tradional bhut to me, but where the hottest thing i had ever put in my mouth. Way hotter than a habanero! And they tasted so good! They also looked just like the pepper the seeds came from.
I would like to say thanks to any & all, for your input to this site, as i have always been able to answer any questioned i have had. This place is such a great resource, and only because of user input.
And that i had about less than twenty pepper plants last year, but now have about 150 currently in the ground, about 45 varieties total.
Yes, im hooked.

Thank you everyone! Glad i finally posted something.
There have been some talk about pod variation in recent post, so wanted to also share the strangest pepper off of last year's plant.
13393614509081.jpg

13393614286170.jpg

13393614749822.jpg

Quite a nasty pepper!
Thank you again.

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest!
Great looking pepper there! And the ghost plant looks awesome.

Back