Hello hotheads

A friend just pointed me here as it appears I may have been bitten by some form of bug.

I grew my first pepper plant (bush? Tree? Give me a few weeks to learn the lingo) about 6 years ago when I lived in Perth. I can't remember if I planted it from seed or purchased it as a young plant but it ended up neglected in a pot out the front of my house where it grew to about 4 feet tall and produced a ridiculous amount of pods.
I ended up giving it away when we moved the 1400 kilometres north to a small town called Exmouth, 5 years ago.
We recently moved into a new house up here and have an outdoor area at last and after purchasing a rather sickly Thai-somethingorother from the supermarket up here the bug has hit me from out of nowhere.
I have about ten or so different varieties on the way from the hippy seed company including some ornamentals, Nagas, Scorpions, infinities and tabascos and some others I forgot that I threw in the cart on a whim.
I also have Cayenne, Birdseye and Peter peppers germinating and have Hungarian waxies and Jalapeños that have just shown their first true leaves.
It gets pretty hot up here in summer, up to 50C and the winters are very mild indeed so I'm hoping for good success.

So there you have it, I'm off to trawl through the forums and see what info I can find, feel free to point me to any links or articles of interest, I'm new to this whole gardening thing in general, not just to chillies.

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back