Help please, my old plant is dying!!

Hi! I have a dire problem that I hope someone can help me with! I’ve got a 14 year old orange habanero plant that has been healthy, but yesterday it suddenly wilted (see picture.) there is about one leaf that is still good.

This is what I know:
It’s not because of frost
It’s not watering issues
It’s not under/over fertilising

I was thinking of trimming away all the wilted parts or repot it and check for root rot..

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

• 89D14C48-87D5-4CAD-B180-48698BECF839.jpeg
    89D14C48-87D5-4CAD-B180-48698BECF839.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 8B306A91-4AE8-4FCF-9412-61C4A757B9F5.jpeg
    8B306A91-4AE8-4FCF-9412-61C4A757B9F5.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 53
That's a long time to keep a pepper plant going. I can imagine you'd hate to lose it. Your approach is what mine would be. I'd prune it back analyzing the condition of the branches until I got it both smaller and into good healthy wood. Then I'd also repot it into a good mix of fluffy, well-draining soil, ensuring it had some room for root growth. Whether or not I removed soil from the root ball or left it intact to disturb the plant less would depend on the condition of the soil and roots.

Hope you're able to rescue it!

That's a long time to keep a pepper plant going. I can imagine you'd hate to lose it. Your approach is what mine would be. I'd prune it back analyzing the condition of the branches until I got it both smaller and into good healthy wood. Then I'd also repot it into a good mix of fluffy, well-draining soil, ensuring it had some room for root growth. Whether or not I removed soil from the root ball or left it intact to disturb the plant less would depend on the condition of the soil and roots.

Hope you're able to rescue it!
Yeah it’s super old. Like a little treeThanks! I’ll try!
Long shot, but could it have been sabotaged?
haha, well… my gf does complain about the chilli plants covering the windows.. I’ll have a chat

Back