• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help with pepper ID

I have a mismarked pepper that is finally at a stage where someone might be able to recognize it. any and all replies welcome.

mysterypepper003.jpg

mysterypepper002.jpg

Dale

thepodpiper said:
No I have not tasted yet. How do you know when it is time to sample the goods? Or is it whenever one feels like it? Yes they do look rather intimidating. LOL

Dale
Sample when ripened. I have a feeling that they wll turn red when ripe, not yellow or orange.

I am not letting all of the varieties that i have planted keep thier blossoms so this is the only one right now that has this color. At this point i cannot even find another plant that looks similar to this one but it is very hard with as many as i have to look at. it may be a rogue seed that got mixed in with some others.

Dale

The stem, leaf, the purple color on the flower & of course the pod color all remind me of black pearl. If it takes a month or two for the pods to turn red, that would be a clincher I think.

How big are the pods?

bentalphanerd said:
The stem, leaf, the purple color on the flower & of course the pod color all remind me of black pearl. If it takes a month or two for the pods to turn red, that would be a clincher I think.

I thought Black Pearl had upright pods in clusters? Like:

BlackPearl-07_Med.jpg

Pam said:
I thought Black Pearl had upright pods in clusters?

I have a sick plant ...it only puts up 1 at a time..but I thought maybe thats where the cross came in, to give it pendulum variation, elongated pods.

I can't figure what size they are tho. Black pearl pods are tiny.

Could even be young chocolate habs...i've never seen them, but maybe?

Well I know that it has been awhile but i had my first ripe pod off of this plant it was vibrant red and hot, the heat crept up on me and lasted for about 5 mins. I would post a pic of the ripe pod but by the time I thought about taking one my mouth was already burning. LOL.

Dale

Back