Hi

Well after a nightmare with my computer in attempts to sign in I finally made it here  :dance:  

I like hot peppers, but I am not into burning my taste buds off (at least not yet :rolleyes:  I like a combination of both heat and flavor as I like to use hot peppers in the dishes I cook. I also use capsaicin creams for arthritis and have been curious if I can produce something similar with the hot peppers I'm attempting to grow.

I currently grown Serrano, cayenne, habanero/scotch bonnet and a few others for cooking. I have planted a Carolina Reaper, a Trinidad Moruga Scorpian, Naga Viper and a Bhut Jolokia Ghost. I have read through some interesting information here in regards to growing the peppers and look forward to seeing if I can get these plants to produce. 

One of the reasons for coming here is that back in 1998 (Where did that last 20 years go?  :shocked: ) I was working for an large international company doing trade shows. My work partner at the time was a younger man that had parents who were missionaries in Papua, New Guinea and they had brought back some 'local' peppers the tribes people had told them about. They had warned my work mate that they were hot. He had never tried them and was telling us about them. His parents had given him a glass jar filled with the peppers....they were small and green...well we were in a large room with 5 other people and he opened the jar. Immediately all of our eyes started to burn and water. A couple of us were chocking from the fumes of the peppers. It was honestly too much for all of us and we got out of the room immediately. Unfortunately my work mate threw the peppers away. Has anyone heard of such a pepper from Papua New Guinea like that? 

Back