• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

hottest sauce in the world...

klyth said:
I'm surprised no one explained this, or you didn't find out when you were looking at it.

Caldera isn't 1 hot sauce. It is 3. There are 3 bottles stacked on one another (like a space shuttle). The first bottle is 1-2 mil, the second is 4-6 (I think) and the third is 10-13 mil.

The hottest sauce I use is 3am. 2 mil is good for me. It doesn't taste GOOD, but it certainly doesn't taste BAD either.

I think the worst tasting sauce I ever had was Daves Ultimate Insanity. So disgusting...

well no it does not look like 3 different sauces, nor does it say 3 different sauces, so I thought it was 1 sauce. but looking back at it theres a 1-5-10 numbers placed on the bottle, so I guess that'd mean its not 1 bottle BUT it never said multiple bottles & its presented as 1 big bottle, so how am I supposed to know ?
anyways its doesnt matter because I will not buy any blairs product!

chilehunter said:
well no it does not look like 3 different sauces, nor does it say 3 different sauces, so I thought it was 1 sauce. but looking back at it theres a 1-5-10 numbers placed on the bottle, so I guess that'd mean its not 1 bottle BUT it never said multiple bottles & its presented as 1 big bottle, so how am I supposed to know ?
anyways its doesnt matter because I will not buy any blairs product!

*shrug* I forgot where I saw the description that said it was 3 bottles. Maybe it wasn't on Blairs site. I actually saw Caldera in a store once, though. $2,500!!!

why I wont buy a blairs product ?

because they're nothing more than a hot sauce whore pimping their name on anything & everything they can. & slapping collector,limited edition on alot of their stuff to cash in & charge outragious ammounts of money for something.

plus you could also consider them " mainstream " they may not be at your local grocery store, but blairs is everywhere - mainstream hot sauce whore looking for the big cash cow.

but some of you say tabasco,franks is mainstream or nasty, well remember plenty of chileheads also like tabasco or franks but dont like really hot insane hot sauce or extracts, then they would also say those sauces are nasty!, right ?

it seems like blairs is doing just fine with pimping their name everywhere & collecting wads of money, so I dont think I need to support blairs. yea they might have some sauce I'd like but you know what, theres plenty of other sauces out there that I bet I'd also like just as good or better so no need to support a company thats out to pimp their name everywhere & charge more than others or slap a "limited,special,collector" tag to alot of sauces just to charge more money. but the next recipe is most likely not much different.

it just seems like blairs is trying to control the market for anything HOT related.

chilehunter said:
why I wont buy a blairs product ?

because they're nothing more than a hot sauce whore pimping their name on anything & everything they can. & slapping collector,limited edition on alot of their stuff to cash in & charge outragious ammounts of money for something.

plus you could also consider them " mainstream " they may not be at your local grocery store, but blairs is everywhere - mainstream hot sauce whore looking for the big cash cow.

but some of you say tabasco,franks is mainstream or nasty, well remember plenty of chileheads also like tabasco or franks but dont like really hot insane hot sauce or extracts, then they would also say those sauces are nasty!, right ?

it seems like blairs is doing just fine with pimping their name everywhere & collecting wads of money, so I dont think I need to support blairs. yea they might have some sauce I'd like but you know what, theres plenty of other sauces out there that I bet I'd also like just as good or better so no need to support a company thats out to pimp their name everywhere & charge more than others or slap a "limited,special,collector" tag to alot of sauces just to charge more money. but the next recipe is most likely not much different.

it just seems like blairs is trying to control the market for anything HOT related.
Very, very excellent reasons. I can't really find anything I really disagree with in your post. Blairs does have a very large, mainstream grasp on the chili industry. He releases so many :collectable sauces" that it is actually poluting the collectables market.

For the most part, his sauces are tasty (the Death Sauces) but they all (except for the non extract verisions such as Jalapeno Death and such) have that typical keytone taste to them.

But there are just a few of his sauces I say should definitly be tried because they are so tasty.

$2500 for hot sauce.... I don't think I have ever owned a car worth that lol.
But if theres a mug out there to buy it at that price you can't blame him selling it.

I do agree with CH, I am yet to taste one of his sauces that I would actually say is tasty. its all the extract heads, they'd drink paint stripper if the scorvilles were high enough .lol
I'm sorry but after a point its just got nothing to do with food.

Mick

stillmanz said:
Its all the extract heads, they'd drink paint stripper if the scovilles were high enough .lol
I'm sorry but after a point its just got nothing to do with food.

Mick

Surely the extracts are just pure chemical tasting heat, no flavour of a chilli, but I suppose the heat is the whole purpose of it as they're meant to compliment other foods/sauces, not for consuming neat. I've never tried an extract but if it's anything like that mad Dog chemical taste I don't wanna know.

extract blows.
I for one think it shouldn't be called a sauce at all. Its a chemical.
Now before you arc up about food or in fact everything being chemical..think about what you would actually eat.

{mis}Quoting stillmanz from another thread somewhere..
after 800,000 odd scovilles your taste buds get fried & its all the same. Unless you start breaking the heat down with other food so that you can taste again.
And when you break down extract, it taste like antifreeze.

"$2500 for hot sauce.... I don't think I have ever owned a car worth that lol.
But if theres a mug out there to buy it at that price you can't blame him selling it."

This is a good point. However, it wasn;t originally sold for $2500, that was the aftermarket price. We make a few collectibles as well. Our first collectible (The Batch #1), was originally priced at $25.00, and went for over $500. You can't blame the aftermarket seller for finding a buyer.

"And when you break down extract, it taste like antifreeze."

If you use the ketone process for extraction, yes, it has a chemical taste, due to the traces of the chemicals used for the extraction. However, there are other methods of extracting capsaicin that don't leave behind the "taste". These methods are MUCH more time consuming, but the end result is pretty cool (no pun intended).

DEFCON Creator said:
LOL! The GLURP!!!

DD, you could trademark that. "Devil Duck Sauces - they won't give you THE GLURP!"

imaguitargod said:
Very, very excellent reasons. I can't really find anything I really disagree with in your post. Blairs does have a very large, mainstream grasp on the chili industry. He releases so many :collectable sauces" that it is actually poluting the collectables market.

For the most part, his sauces are tasty (the Death Sauces) but they all (except for the non extract verisions such as Jalapeno Death and such) have that typical keytone taste to them.

But there are just a few of his sauces I say should definitly be tried because they are so tasty.

I'm more on IGG's page here. I don't go for their super hot sauces, but I do enjoy their original death sauce too much to abondon it. You can't fault Blair for going mainstream either. People go into business to make money, and he got in on the ground floor with a product that was leaps ahead of everything else on the market at the time, so naturally he's going to get the first exposure. I'm sure if you asked any of the makers here, they would like to have Blair's success.

I don't equate his success to an underground band selling out to become famous. When a band sells out, they change who they are and what they sound like to sell more records. I'm not into all the collectors stuff they put out either, but it does two things: Makes him money, and keeps his loyal customers happy. There are reasons to not buy Blairs, but like IGG said, he does have some tasty stuff.

dream - what you just said you could say the same thing about tabasco or franks hot sauce, but instead most of you condemn those brands for your own reasons. they may not be the hottest or the best tasting sauce, but then theres alot of people that love their sauces, even chileheads here that love really HOT sauce - I've heard it from someone here that said they just love franks for wings & just the taste & still consume hotter sauces.

a chilehead is a chilehead - some crazier than others
& hot sauce is hot sauce - some hotter than others

Back