• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I think one of my plants is dead or dying. Help!

20 days ago I made this post: http://thehotpepper.com/topic/39046-one-of-my-plants-is-limp-and-floppy-during-hardening-off-process/

As you can see from my other post that my California Wonder plant on the left was floppy and weak after 2 days of hardening off. I ended up waiting for a few days to see if the leaves would recover (they didn't). It got worse each day until I decided to cut off all of the big leaves while leaving alone the branching growth.

Here are some updated pictures that I took today:

C1P34hd.jpg

vLUEfSD.jpg

As you can see, the stem is shrivelling up and becoming really flimsy/soft at the top and half way down the stem. All the new growth that you saw in my last post is dying (including some blackness that is not visible in the photos). The entire plant is dying and I have no idea what to do!

The plant beside it is doing just fine. I'm pretty sure that this is related to the hardening off process because I made an amateur mistake by not realizing that bell pepper plants are more sensitive to the sun and moisture than hot chili peppers.

Is there any chance of saving this poor plant? Any suggestions are appreciated!

there is always some good in it though, you made a rookie mistake in hardening off but with 1 plant not a dozen or maybe a lot more, now you have learned and it wasnt a huge set back like if it was all your plants, next year more pro, :)

Back