Introduction

Hey everyone, I've lurked on this forum for a little bit and figured it was time to join so I can get in on some of the great posts on here. First off my names John and I can't really say I'm a chilihead but I do like to grow and sample hot peppers. I started off in 2008 growing a single bhut jolokia and a cascabella pepper, didn't have any luck with the bhut that year (el paso summer was brutal and so were the thrips) but I did have a little luck growing the cascabella. The cascabella was only suppose to be about jalapeno hot but somehow ended up being a scorcher, maybe it was stress from the heat or the thrips (who knows) but the heat rivaled the tepins that my brother in law grew at the time. Anyways fast forward to this year, I have a biggie chili, pasilla bajio, 2x hot paper lanterns and 2x trinidad perfumes still in the ground, and a yellow bhut and aji dulce #2 growing in pots. All of them have peppers in various stages of ripening, I'm hoping the weather holds out since I haven't finished the grow tent they are gonna go in for the winter. Anyways, its nice to meet everybody and I look forward to sharing stories and learning a lot from you guys about being a chilihead.

John

:welcome: from the PacificNorthWest!
Good luck getting that grow tent in place.

:welcome: from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

:welcome: to THP and Greetings from the Metrolina in North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]"The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite"[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :flamethrower:[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

Back