• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Its not dead?

I put my 2nd lot of seedlings out last week. On thurs we had a day that was much hotter and windier then i expected. When i got home from work about 10 plants where basicly snapped in half, so i seperated them and didnt worry as i still have about 40 good plants.
So today i went to sort out the dead ones and to my amazement about half of them are still a nice green. Included is a pic of what i mean.
wtf002.jpg

It's looked like this for 5 days now.:shocked:
So the plant must be drawing up from what looks to be a dead stem right? Surely it would have ran out of stored energy by now. The plan is to simply pot them much deeper so the green stem is under the soil, really should have planted them deeper right away but was trying to buy some root space/time.

Also to save face here are my early feb seedlings. Naga's 7pots and fatali's.
wtf003.jpg

Cheers all
Pete

Hey Melv1n your plants in the second pic look great. If I were you I would chuck the plant in the first pic because it looks like it has experienced damping off.

I hear yah mate. After the scorching sun and wind the next day stormed like mad. Gotta love our local weather.

I am going to try and save them though. Being my first year growing from seed i cant quite bring myself to just let plants die. They may well die anyhow but we will see.

As for my feb plants, yeah im pretty happy with them. A few leaves got burnt with some epsom salt solution that was too strong. Simple rookie mistake that wont happen again.

Im really not the bloke to ask. I did it once and burnt a few leaves.
There's a few sites around with info if you google. But next time i will place a tea spoon, i put around a desert spoon the first time, in about a litre of hot water and let it cool down. Then mist the plants well. My plants yellowed up a bit whn i first put them outside and the epsom salts made a clear difference, took a week or 2 before they came good but im real happy with them now.

Oh and IGG thanks for the clip mate. I was pleasently surprised.

Back