• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!1 GRR...

When a bacterial disease wiped out my entire crop, I said "shit happens" and moved on. when killer bugs ate most of my crop, I said "that's just how nature works" and moved on.

Today I woke up and found THIS:
55972151.jpg

WTF?! Those damn pigeons took a crap on one of my plants! not just any plant... one of my hybrids!!! It's been through enough! it almost died from overheating a couple times and was practically dried up!!! they always did mess with my porch, but that's a first. touching a man's chile plant?! that's WRONG!!! GRR...

I'll clean it up later, but now there's something more important to deal with. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE DAMN PIGEONS?

I understand Omri...I was kinda joking and half serious at the same time...all I know is that they can be very aggrevating birds...

I was thinking of caging the plants, but that'll just give them the option to sit while they're pooping on my plants. :(

from what I read in the link I sent you, it insinuated if the surface was not flat, they would not land on it...or you could put up "spikes"...

Probably should just leave them alone. One lucky shot doesn't make a serious problem. :) But if they persist, there's always the pellet gun. Whisper quiet and effective.

AlabamaJack said:
from what I read in the link I sent you, it insinuated if the surface was not flat, they would not land on it...or you could put up "spikes"...
I'll try putting spikes...
QuadShotz said:
It's just nature's way of giving you free fertilizer eh?
devil-0004.gif
Unless they're pooping Hydroponic nutes, they're not doing any help.

bigt said:
Probably should just leave them alone. One lucky shot doesn't make a serious problem. :) But if they persist, there's always the pellet gun. Whisper quiet and effective.
That's kinda funny, but even pellet guns aren't legal here. I will have to find something, though.

I hunted and bagged many a squirrel and even quail (on the ground)with one of these many many years ago...the only thing is the surgical tubing starts to "rot" if it is left in the sun after a while so if you do get one, get a spare set...and I will also tell you this...if and when the band breaks, it will definitely leave a mark on your hand/arm...OUCH!!!

Back