• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant jalapeños same seeds different pepper

I have planted jalapeños and both plants are from same seed and in one plant the peppers are long and in the other one they are short,are they jalapeños?
I have attached photos in the attachments
edit:I dont know if it matters but I have reapers next to them

Attachments

• 20230923_191615.jpg
    20230923_191615.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20230923_191625.jpg
    20230923_191625.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
The first one could be a jalapeño. The second one looks a little too pointy. However, these pods are very young, and it's hard to tell what they are.

Was your seed source commercial? There's been an "uptick" in mixed seeds this year, for some reason. Also, you might just have a crossbred mutt.

I dont know if it matters but I have reapers next to them

Not this year. Any crossing won't show itself until you grow out seeds from these pods.

The first one could be a jalapeño. The second one looks a little too pointy. However, these pods are very young, and it's hard to tell what they are.

Was your seed source commercial? There's been an "uptick" in mixed seeds this year, for some reason. Also, you might just have a crossbred mutt.

Not this year. Any crossing won't show itself until you grow out seeds from these pods.
yes I know I read about that.I bought them from https://www.samenchilishop.de/

Too fat for serrano IMO.

How many peppers on the "sharp point" plant? Are they consistently like that? I've had jalapenos look pointy like that, but most come out as expected even on the same plant.
What's the flavor and heat level, comparing between the two?

In the pack was seeds from multiple peppers and might have one that got cross-pollination
Maybe different plant phenotypes.
Maybe growing conditions

Did they taste different?
Any more pictures of the jalapenos?

😉

Last edited:
Back