• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

music Just not enough Hot Pepper tributes in music

holy crap this interweb thing is good!!!!
if you wanna buy their album have a look (url=http://www.ohmygosh.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=10&products_id=227)here(/url)thailands best band in 1970 apparently!!! click the middle 'listen' button and you even get i little listen to them, not a bad bit of funk if you like that sort of thing.

EDIT; just listened to another bit nd why can't i get the image of iggy sitting there doing some green funkin out with this as the soundtrack, now theres a mental image for ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Badger said:
:rofl:Death Angel! LMAO! Now you mention it the dude in the middle does look kinda familiar.
Omri - I noticed there's a lot of metal heads here. Just one more reason I love it.

My wife is at the Death Angel show tonight in downtown Oakland. Those guys are my buddies. My bands played with them about 20 times in the past. They don't look like that anymore. They have two white guys in the band now.

And Ballzworth the Gene Simmons reference must have something to do with the matted down hair.

lmao! thanks captainpepper. I think I have the new soundtrack for when I'm harvesting peppers.

scarpetti said:
And Ballzworth the Gene Simmons reference must have something to do with the matted down hair.

I definitely think it's the hair, and the huge head. I bet he's the guy in the band with the massive ego too. But something tells me the guy 2nd from the right with that sweet blue suit is the one getting all the ladies.

With a suit that sharp he must have been supremo stud. 70's fashion - yuk!
The music's pretty funky, though it sounds like the soundtrack to a 70's bongo video.

So Captainpepper, I guessing this is the band that did all the theme songs for "EVERY" show that was on prime time TV in the 70s.

Hmmm....here's a few that come to mind...

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jim Pepper
Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's

And can't forget TLC member, Chilli:

chiliabs2qf8.jpg

Here's the original kool and the gang version;)
Gangstarr's version
Eric B. & Rakim's version
This track has been sampled to death really:-)

Back