• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Leaf problem

My pepper leaves have started to get "crinkly" looking an dit worries me a little bit. I know they all cant look perfect but figured I would ask all you experts out there. I transplanted into these 4" pots about a week ago and they are on a heating mat as I am also trying to germinate some seeds as well. I have always kept my plants on heating mat until they went outside with no problems. Our house is about 70. When I transplanted I used some ferts which include sulfur powder, bone meal, Epsom salt and a little bit of miracle grow. The light is also a brand new t5 6 bulb fixture. Any suggestions on how to improve???? BTW they were just watered cause they were dry.

CAPCOM said:
Usually too much fertilizer. You say you just added miracle grow?
Yes a little bit ..... I mixed it in with potting soil and garden soil. I have always used miracle grow with no issues. I usually just put on top of soil though and don't mix it in when this young. I usually didn't mix in the dirt until they were going outside full time. I also used bone meal which I find hard to believe it would have absorbed calcium that quickly and sulfur powder under the plants.

Was the new potting mix ( pre-fertalized) a lot fo them already have 3 month slow fertiliser release. .. I had a similar issue when I transplanted my old seedlings... At that young age the plants don't need much I have started cutting my new plants back on ferts after transplanting now to try and aid in a bit of stretch as over fertilized plants tend to try less to get height. I would give them a good flush of water then wait for any signs of deficiency before hitting them again.

Back