• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

looking for a good cheese dip

I make my own most of the time. Go to foodnetwork.com and look for some recipes and add peppers or hotsauce to them to make them better. They are pretty simple to make usually.

QuadShotz said:
IDK, ya could always just nuke some Ro-Tel and Velveeta...plus or minus some chilli. ;)

Seconded. Good cheeze dip is only a block of velveeta and a microwave away. Want it spicy? Dump in some hot sauce! Want beans in there? Dump a can o beans in that bad boy! There's even pepperjack velveeta I saw a while back. After you add your accouterments, microwave in "waves" of a minute or so at a time, stirring between nuke sessions. Eventually you'll have creamy goodness that you'll likely eat all of, leaving your morning ritual at a standstill for a good hour or two.

But seriously, it doesn't take much time or effort, so you should go for it! And it's tasty as hell:)

FiveStar said:
Seconded. Good cheeze dip is only a block of velveeta and a microwave away. Want it spicy? Dump in some hot sauce! Want beans in there? Dump a can o beans in that bad boy! There's even pepperjack velveeta I saw a while back. After you add your accouterments, microwave in "waves" of a minute or so at a time, stirring between nuke sessions. Eventually you'll have creamy goodness that you'll likely eat all of, leaving your morning ritual at a standstill for a good hour or two.

But seriously, it doesn't take much time or effort, so you should go for it! And it's tasty as hell:)

Don't forget the cream. I add heavy cream to mine so the cheese won't eventually harden back up(but, then again, i don't use velveeta either).

Sickmont said:
Don't forget the cream. I add heavy cream to mine so the cheese won't eventually harden back up(but, then again, i don't use velveeta either).

What sickmont said!

Though velveeta does stay creamy longer cause it's got lotsa milk added. I also find that adding hotsauce, salsa, rotel tomatoes, or beans with a little of their juice does a similar job in keeping things creamier longer.

What I usually do is:
Take a big brick of Velvetta Cheese (I know its processed and all but it melts smooth lol) and melt it.

add a jar or your favorite salsa mix it in really well. Next take a can of chili beans, drain them and add to the melted cheese.

Mix everything really well add your favorite spices and peppers and you're done!!

cook it till it heated evenly and serve

you can adjust the Heat by using spicy salsa and Hot chili beans along with the amount and type of peppers added.

Easy as 1-2-3...It's a generic recipe but it works.

And, if ya got a newer microwave (i.e. powerful) helps to use say, 70% power. Full power in a 1000W+ microwave will burn it too easily.

I also stick a paper towel, plate, or loose clingwrap on top because splatter is yucky. Ya don't want it sealed though..rule#2..exploding cheese..also bad. :D

toughluck said:
Looking for a good, hot cheese dip...any suggestions?

No to flog my product...but I have this wicked garlic sauce that is meant ot be mixed with creamed cheese, called garlic gremlin dipping sauce! If ya keen I'll send some in that package to you mate!

Ill try and convert the file to post a pic!

Dave

Scorpion said:
No to flog my product...but I have this wicked garlic sauce that is meant ot be mixed with creamed cheese, called garlic gremlin dipping sauce! If ya keen I'll send some in that package to you mate!

Ill try and convert the file to post a pic!

Dave

Nup....i'm lame ! I hate .psd files, BAH!

QuadShotz said:
I can convert it for ya and post it if need be?

here's email if can't be posted.

caffeine AT darkgrid.com

Cheers Quad but for some reason the files wont attach to an email properly, what im gonna do is take it to my printer and get her to print etc but convert it and send it to me so i can share it here.

apple to ibm doesnt work alot of the time

Cheers mate,
Dave

Back