Maxibloom - anyone using it?

i've started some plants, they're about 6 weeks old and 8-10 inches tall.

plants look great,all green no single brown spot, etc. yet the very first blossoms have been dropping off shorting after the flower opens (about a day or two).

so either too much fert or not enough? im only giving them at like 1/2 strength. about 3/4 tsp per gal (which turns out to around 575-600 PPM).

temps have been good, above 70F, below 85F.

i also have bag of Maxigro which has more nitrogen.. but im thinking switching to it would be a bad idea due to it having more nitrogen which supposedly peppers don't like too much of?

thanks.

stevie said:
i've started some plants, they're about 6 weeks old and 8-10 inches tall.

plants look great,all green no single brown spot, etc. yet the very first blossoms have been dropping off shorting after the flower opens (about a day or two).

so either too much fert or not enough? im only giving them at like 1/2 strength. about 3/4 tsp per gal (which turns out to around 575-600 PPM).

temps have been good, above 70F, below 85F.

i also have bag of Maxigro which has more nitrogen.. but im thinking switching to it would be a bad idea due to it having more nitrogen which supposedly peppers don't like too much of?
thanks.
I'm not familiar with Maxigrow, but I use Maxibloom and I highly recommend it.  Just make sure to mix the solution well before applying.  Correct with the nitrogen stuff.  Too much nitrogen will give you large pretty green leaves, but will actually stunt pod development and pod growth.

Your plant can drop flowers for a lot of reasons. Sometimes they just drop them until they know what they are doing.

I would suggest leaving them be for a week or two to see if they can get the hang of it themselves.

Back