• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

nutrients Micronutrients without macronutrients

Hi all, i'm starting to notice some chlorosis in a few plants, my fertilizer isn't super complete with the micronutrients and i've been laying off the one with all of them cuz they have a lot of the macros and i don't want super growth right now. i'm pretty sure it's a micronutrient problem, so what i'm looking for is sources of micronutrients that don't contain macronutrients, someone mentioned epsom salts before but my fertilizer actually does have magnesium (also calcium and molybdenum). i'm particularly interested in manganese...

GrumpyBear said:
Hi all, i'm starting to notice some chlorosis in a few plants, my fertilizer isn't super complete with the micronutrients and i've been laying off the one with all of them cuz they have a lot of the macros and i don't want super growth right now. i'm pretty sure it's a micronutrient problem, so what i'm looking for is sources of micronutrients that don't contain macronutrients, someone mentioned epsom salts before but my fertilizer actually does have magnesium (also calcium and molybdenum). i'm particularly interested in manganese...

Have you checked out any of the hydro products? They seem to have A better selection of products that target specific problems or deficiencies in plants.

POTAWIE said:
Tea is supposed to be high in manganese I believe.

black, green, white, doesn't matter? what's it like for the macros? i especially don't want a lot of nitrogen, the plants are on a good slow growth rate and if i get a big surge now i'll be super cramped for space a month before plant out.

GrumpyBear said:
black, green, white, doesn't matter? what's it like for the macros? i especially don't want a lot of nitrogen, the plants are on a good slow growth rate and if i get a big surge now i'll be super cramped for space a month before plant out.

Black tea, but I don't know how good caffeine is for plants.

Back