• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Monday Morning Teaser

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
this one made my brain sore for a while until I quit trying to figure it out....

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to go out to eat.

(more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold).

3. Add 5.

4. Multiply it by 50.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1758...

If you haven't, add 1757.

6. Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number. (I.e., How many times you want to go out to restaurants in a week.)

The next two numbers are.............

YOUR AGE !

Interesting. The restaraunt thing is a mis-direction. And the formula was worked backwards, but someone did put some thought into it!

Amusing anyways.

Nice one!

I haven't seen this before, but my theory is that it's two formulas in one (so to say...). The result is always a three digit number, steps 2-4 are the first formula, resulting in the original number as the first of a three digit number (e.g. 2+2*50=200) and cloaks it by adding 5 and that - multplied by 50 added to 1758 or 1757 results in 2008 or 2007.
The rest simply finds out your age by substracting the year of your birth.

@cheezydemon: you said the restaurant thing is distracting. what was in it's place when you saw it?

:doh:

"The rest simply finds out your age by substracting the year of your birth."

I know what you mean... the longer you think about something the harder it is to see the most obvious stuff. I think I am either getting sth within a few mins or probably never (with a few exceptions!) :)

Well... I hope that's what you meant..... :)

Back