• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

More Nagas than you can shake a stick at!!

Hi Guys,

After missing out on West Dean this year ( a massive chilli fiesta here in the UK), I thought I would cheer myself up by harvesting my latest crop of Naga Morich Pods. Thankfully i manged to avoid the 'hand burning incident' of last year. Heres are a couple of photos of thechilemans 'class of 2008':

The missues won't be using this bowl to bake with for a while ;-)
NagaHarvest1.jpg

The diversity of pod shape (even from the same plant) always amazes me.
NagaHarvest3.jpg

NagaHarvest5.jpg

After simmering all these the pods for a few hours with a hint of cider viniger and a little french sea salt, I made these little beauties. These should keep me going for a while:
NagaConcentrate2.jpg

do-want-dowantdowantdowant.jpg

Awesome looking harvest, mate!

Edit for: What does the label say? Pure naga pure something?

Also, the bottom pic of all those pods would make an imba desktop wallpaper, imo.

F++k me!!! So many pods!!! I understand that you must have (had) a load of them to make your sauces, but it's still an amazing sight to see!!!!!

talas said:
Nice Naga tree mark..this years plant..or overwinter from last ?

Hi Talas,

Actually its 3 years old. Hopefully I will be able to overwinter it again so it makes it into its fourth year. What is the oldest plant anyone has?

Mark

Mark, not sure how many years a plant would live but it seems I remember reading somewhere that someone had one 7 years old.

Do you cut yours back for overwintering ?

I've seen an African Birdseye plant that is at least 10 years old. they seem to live long, until something kills it. :lol:

That is just an amazing harvest and all from one plant-tree. Congrats Mark... I wish that I could swing a purchase of the concentrate, but the wife has put a stop to my hot sauce spending. At least until I use up some of my now, 10 unopened bottles. :lol:

WOW, Some lovely photo's Mark and Stillmanz.

After seeing these photo's i think i am
going too put Naga on my 2009 growing list.

Iceni......

Nice harvest Mark:)
By far the biggest and most productive plant I ever grew was a naga but I'm not having the same luck this year:(

Back