• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moruga Trinidad Scorpion comments, please?!

Just harvested these today from about a half-dozen plants. This is the first time I've ever grown these (or even seem them in person), so someone please tell me how these look. These are the largest and most mature; there is probably another bowl worth of smaller ones (maybe half or less the size of these) I haven't yet picked but that appear ripe. Many other pods are still green.
tumblr_mgu8raK2RE1rxrynpo1_1280.jpg

[sup]They look ok to me :) I will say im used to seeing them a bit more wrinkled and with a bit more pronounced tail... but those look ok :)[/sup]

Yeah, yeah. I taste tested a tiny sliver and they are definitely nuclear. Simply touching the inside of one with your fingertip then touching your tongue is enough to bring the pain.

They are also great for cooking with. The burn is much more tolerable when you heat them up and mix them with food.

I love me some Morugas. :dance:

Leeroy I can't help you with the i.d. as I am a noob but those pods look so hot saucey! Oh and BTW where did you get that avatar I'm diggin' it.

I'm all about the heat, but do people actually eat these things? What in the world would you do with them?
Yup. People eat them whole to learn/teach characteristics.. To prove a point or get a buzz.

But peppers are much nicer with food. Less bitter, and at the end of the day - its a spice. It should be complimenting/seasoning a dish.
I love using coriander or turmeric in food, I don't eat it by the spoonful ;)

Oh and BTW where did you get that avatar I'm diggin' it.

I can't recall. I swap out my avatar every few posts.

The pods in the bowl above have been dried in a food dehydrator. I've got another bowl I'm going to use to make a sauce. Specifically, an authentic (though nuclear hot) western North Carolina style barbecue sauce.

Back