• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Most "stable" Super Hot hydrids

I would just want to be able to grab seeds grow a plant then take the seeds from the new plant self pollinated and have the same next year.
I don’t like that some sellers will show you a picture of a pod, then say you get what you get. Because it was an f2 or f3. It’s not about the money but about expectations and time.

There are some sellers that do a great job of letting you know up front. if I want to grow what is considered stable (f8, landrace, etc) at least send me the seeds that are from the stable plant. $10 is not a lot but 100 days to find out it’s not what you wanted.
Then you should only look for stable varieties and avoid all sellers who do not give the current generation or who sell seeds labeled under F7 (which should be mostly stable at this point).

I would just want to be able to grab seeds grow a plant then take the seeds from the new plant self pollinated and have the same next year.
I don’t like that some sellers will show you a picture of a pod, then say you get what you get. Because it was an f2 or f3. It’s not about the money but about expectations and time.

There are some sellers that do a great job of letting you know up front. if I want to grow what is considered stable (f8, landrace, etc) at least send me the seeds that are from the stable plant. $10 is not a lot but 100 days to find out it’s not what you wanted.
I have been able to do that with the orange scorpions (sourced in Italy) that I grow since a few years (as mentioned). They do seem to have some unstable traits, where the bumps disappear on 1:4 peppers, and the lobes seem to average 3, while some chunky ones seem to have 4 lobes.

They are very productive, and very hot, which makes it hard for me to find enough victims to give them to ;)

Recently, I got a hold of a new seed packet from this company:

I can report how they do later, but I have no guarantees that they will be as stable as my yellow ones from Italy.

Edit: About the flavor: I don't know about that, since they are so hot, but the aroma is very close to orange habanero, which is great IMO. We will see about the reds.

Last edited:
Back