• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense My 2023 grow data

This is some of the data I collected from my grow last year and used for a statistics project. I conducted all of the measurements myself using the original scoville organoleptic test, so the accuracy may not be that great. I did do all of the tests 3 times though, and took the average of all 3 for the final scoville. You need excel to view the file, and to view the attached pictures of the samples you need to enable editing. The winner in terms of heat was a 7 pot primo, but I only had two pods for that sample, so the results could be skewed. Second hottest with a sample size of 40 pods, unsurprisingly, was a carolina reaper plant from Ed Currie.

This is some of the data I collected from my grow last year and used for a statistics project. I conducted all of the measurements myself using the original scoville organoleptic test, so the accuracy may not be that great. I did do all of the tests 3 times though, and took the average of all 3 for the final scoville. You need excel to view the file, and to view the attached pictures of the samples you need to enable editing. The winner in terms of heat was a 7 pot primo, but I only had two pods for that sample, so the results could be skewed. Second hottest with a sample size of 40 pods, unsurprisingly, was a carolina reaper plant from Ed Currie.

Hi Kwoswalt99, I'm interested in seeing the results but could not download or open the file, it was bounced back as being too large. Not sure if anyone else had that issue but wanted to give you a heads up.

Hi Kwoswalt99, I'm interested in seeing the results but could not download or open the file, it was bounced back as being too large. Not sure if anyone else had that issue but wanted to give you a heads up.
Do you have the option to download it? It is around 250mb from all the pictures in it. I can't preview it, but I can download it.

Do you have the option to download it? It is around 250mb from all the pictures in it. I can't preview it, but I can download it.

For some reason I couldn't download it, probably an issue on my end. I'll play around with it, but in the meantime thank you for posting it, this kind of info is really valuable for the community!

Last edited:

My Security software says it's too big to virus check, and that makes it a no-go for me. I'd like to review your findings as well. Any way to "shrink", or summarize your results? Lose the pics perhaps?

Reactions: Bou
Interesting test results @kwoswalt99. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to the day when there's a simple, inexpensive, "at-home" SHU test kit/meter that the average hobby pepper grower can use to test their own pods.

Back