• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first Glog and my second year growing peppers 2016 (From Oz)

Hi all my name is Chad and I'm from Aust. This is my first Glog & my second year growing peppers. I think I have gone a little over the top this year. :D
But hey you can never have enough peppers right? 

I started all from seeds except for two that I bought today.

cGbLtVN.jpg

These are the two I bought today, I had never heard of these peppers before today.

PWi33Au.jpg

Here are some of my over wintered peppers

NypOAjo.jpg

Dang it! Just a super nice grow you have going on here!

Beautiful plants and pods! Keep up the good work, all of us here on the other side are waiting our turn. But you're showing us here how its done ;)

So what are you planning to do with all those pods buddy?

I just made a batch of mango habanero hot sauce - tastes amazing! Also what are the little yellow ones? Morugas?

Sev said:
So what are you planning to do with all those pods buddy?

I just made a batch of mango habanero hot sauce - tastes amazing! Also what are the little yellow ones? Morugas?

The wife made some sweet chili sauce with them. I think you're talking about the Bahamian goat.

CZDhgje.jpg

mrwrx said:
My god how hot has it been the last few days, It peaked at 43°C (110°F) in my area.

Just some more pics of the plants, they are coming along nicely.

Here in Argentina is doing the same temperature and my plants can not stand the heat ... Water twice if the day is hot? Or do you have plants in the shade?

They get some afternoon shade thanks to the neighbors house blocking the sun. I just water once a day on the extreme heat days & every second day on the not so extreme heat days.

mrwrx said:
Anyone seen this before? A pepper with another pepper inside it.

It's an internal proliferation.  A sort of parthenocarpy - fruit setting
without pollination. I see it a lot in Habaneros for some reason.
What is the purple plant with the whitish pods with
the purple blush?  Looks similar to the cross Tristen
developed.

Back