• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

My Naga Experiments

Duo to certain circumstances my naga plants were slow to produce this year ( my first year growing the fiery devils). I have made 3 batches of naga sauce so far but only with the nagas as one ingredient supported by other chiles, mainly habaneros. These sauces were successful for what they were and I got great responses from everyone who tried them.

Still, making a "pure" naga sauce, with nagas the sole chile ingredient has eluded me...until today. Thanks to a real nice late harvest, I have made my first "pure" naga sauce.

Now, as I suffer with a case of "hunan hand" from some accidental exposure, a pot of sauce containing 53 naga morich chiles sits simmering on my stove top. In a few minutes I will can a few and save the rest of this "reserve" for myself and close friends.

This stuff is hot. I realize that heat levels tend to be subjective and that I'm not the most "hardcore" chilehead out there but this stuff damn near takes my breath away. If I had to guess I'd say the heat level is near Dave's Insanity but with a great natural taste.

Except for the pain in my hands, I'm pretty happy with the results so far. :)

ooh i had a idea, too bad this is the first time ive grown peppers i have 3 orange habs and a hot lemon planted but if i wuz u i would blend some choc habs and nagas with chiltepins, might make for a dark red sauce? extremely spicy ;)

Back