• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking My new smoker

Well its not much but shes mine..lol I had a fire on the pot side so the little one could roast marshmellows
Picture027.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Make sure to buy a proper thermometre and don't trust the built in one.

Bingo! and put it at grill height.

I have something similar -- You are going to make a lot of new friends with that baby :onfire:

POTAWIE said:
Make sure to buy a proper thermometre and don't trust the built in one.
The wireless ones are a real advantage. Most work great up to around 100 feet from the Grill/BBQ/Smoker area. Put it on the table next to you while you watch the game.

Wireless outdoor grilling thermometer with 100-foot range
LCD screen shows temperatures between 0 and 392 degrees F
Detachable belt clip and table stand for portability and viewing
Entrée programs for cooking beef, lamb, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, fish
Doneness selections for rare, medium-rare, medium, and well-done

Here's one

That's a nice smoker! I like that the exhaust pipe is down at grill level, where it should be. The only mod I'd make is plug that thermometer hole, and drill a new one down closer to the grill on the smoke box. And get a better thermometer, they sell some specifically for BBQ/smoking that are excellent. You may even want to put one closer to the firebox too. This will help you regulate your temperature while you're slow-smoking.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

- Eric

Nice new toy there. I actually want to get a smoker, but it'll have to wait until I can actually use it. I'd love to do some pork tenderloins on it, venison, fresh caught fish, peppers, ect. Now I'm getting hungry!!:lol:

Back