• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mycorrhizae?

It is a beneficial fungi, do not use any npk for awhile after or before the application. NPK will kill the fungi you are applying.

I use Plant Success mycorrhizae.

pepperjoe sells it on his website, so if you are looking for seeds and feel your order maybe too small add in a few packages from him to top up your order.

i use MYKE from plant prod, it is local, instore, i'm still out as if it really made that big of a difference but then again with all the items i add into my soil, i may have lots of good microbes and fungii to start with.

good luck.

Mycorrhizae is pretty exspensive, so I'm wondering if it really works or if it is worth the dough. Someone told me that it was good for getting seedling established.

Never used it but mycorrhizae is a term that describes a fungus that is beneficial to plant roots. It literally will coat the roots and once situated there it digests nutrients in the soil (NPK) and makes it readily available in a form that the plant roots can easily absorb. This action of the fungus maximizes nutrient intake for the plant. Mycorrhizae fungus also makes the root surface area much larger and is very important in allowing roots to take up enough water. In fact, the fungus is so important for plants taking up water, in the evolution of water plants moving to land, it is strongly beleived that without the mychorrhizae fungus, the plants could not have survived the transition because of the lack of water on land. So almost all plants growing on land have some type of mycorrhizae on their roots and it is pretty much necessary for them to survive.

its a great additive to those growing organically, or with natural fertilizers atleast. But for hydro/indoor growers that use chemical fertilizers... they just kill each other.

If you use meal, fish emulsion, and other living compost. micorrhizae is great. I think that the "soil food web" is key to great garden. But I also use the salt/chemical nutrients indoors sometimes. If you mix the two... you will kill the benefits of the mico with the addition of chelated chemical nutes.

Im not opposed to using any type of growing method, but I've always wondered what was really better for plant health and growth: chemical or organic.

To be honest I think plants are equally healthy, but organic makes your soil healthier, which in turn feeds your plant.

I use a lot of it. I look at it as an insurance policy. If it's doing what it's supposed to do then great! If it's doing nothing then I wasted some money. :tear:
It's the phosphorus that will kill the Myco.

Mycorrhizae is pretty exspensive, so I'm wondering if it really works or if it is worth the dough. Someone told me that it was good for getting seedling established.

Hint Xtreme gardening Facebook... "care package" sorry but there is a reason to be criptic.

Used to be alot of info here about wormcasting and the natural way they interact with roots. Similiar to fungi.

Seems to have been deleted.

>.<
BURN you got me.
If anyone wants to know about Worm Castings, Google it or send me a PM and I'll tell you all I know. I'll probably do FREE website with all the info and every thing els I have learned since I took the old thread down. Including what I find out about Frass, AACT, Compost, Mico, and general organic gardening.

Why not just post it here. You said you came here to share in your pm.......

"All I want to do is share stuff that I feel may help the community"

So share

Back