• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Naga Viper Review

So this December there was all this talk about the Naga Viper grown in the UK which was named unofficially the "hottest pepper in the world" . When I Darth Naga did a review on www.chilefoundry.co.uk, I had to try it. So I ordered a bottle of Naga Viper from chileseeds.co.uk and it finally came the other day.

The sauce comes in a 30ml bottle and was $15 bucks shipped from the UK which I didn't think was too bad since I really wanted to try this. There are only three ingredients in this sauce; Bhut Jolokia, Naga Viper, and Vinegar. The sauce is a nice red color with seeds and pepper bits through out. The smell is fruity and peppery and no vinegar scent at all. My first taste was on a toothpick and it left a minor burn on the lips and tongue but I needed more! The sauce is one of the best tasting I have ever had the fruity flavor of the jolokia and viper chilis really pop and the heat is definitely there. I scooped some onto my chicken breast with a toothpick since I didn't want to pour out too much and its rather thick anyways. WOW, THIS IS HOT! Definitely the hottest non-extract sauce I have ever had. Wish it came in a larger bottle because I see myself finishing this bottle very quickly. Also, I usually get some stomach pain with the extra-hot sauces I use and there was none with this, which was a pleasant surprise.

All in all, I highly recommend this sauce if you're looking for an extremely tasty and extremely hot non extract sauce.

Always nice to get the desired heat level in a sauce without having to rely on extracts.

dvg

So this December there was all this talk about the Naga Viper grown in the UK which was named unofficially the "hottest pepper in the world" . When I Darth Naga did a review on www.chilefoundry.co.uk, I had to try it. So I ordered a bottle of Naga Viper from chileseeds.co.uk and it finally came the other day.

The sauce comes in a 30ml bottle and was $15 bucks shipped from the UK which I didn't think was too bad since I really wanted to try this. There are only three ingredients in this sauce; Bhut Jolokia, Naga Viper, and Vinegar. The sauce is a nice red color with seeds and pepper bits through out. The smell is fruity and peppery and no vinegar scent at all. My first taste was on a toothpick and it left a minor burn on the lips and tongue but I needed more! The sauce is one of the best tasting I have ever had the fruity flavor of the jolokia and viper chilis really pop and the heat is definitely there. I scooped some onto my chicken breast with a toothpick since I didn't want to pour out too much and its rather thick anyways. WOW, THIS IS HOT! Definitely the hottest non-extract sauce I have ever had. Wish it came in a larger bottle because I see myself finishing this bottle very quickly. Also, I usually get some stomach pain with the extra-hot sauces I use and there was none with this, which was a pleasant surprise.

All in all, I highly recommend this sauce if you're looking for an extremely tasty and extremely hot non extract sauce.

Have to get me some of that one after reading the review.

I'm wondering about this. If you're growing what is supposed to be the new hottest pepper in the land and you're going to make sauce with it why add the Bhut Jolokia too? If I was growing the hottest pepper I would want it to stand alone with the first sauces I made with it. Make sure folks understand the heat I'm talking about. How can your new pepper take credit for the heat of the new sauce when it has the "official" hottest pepper already in it?

+1

I'm wondering about this. If you're growing what is supposed to be the new hottest pepper in the land and you're going to make sauce with it why add the Bhut Jolokia too? If I was growing the hottest pepper I would want it to stand alone with the first sauces I made with it. Make sure folks understand the heat I'm talking about. How can your new pepper take credit for the heat of the new sauce when it has the "official" hottest pepper already in it?

I've thought about this some more, and I think the bhut is a filler in the mix...still hot but a filler nonetheless.

The company probably wanted to 'strike when the iron was still hot', so to speak, and capitalize on the exposure that the naga viper was still getting.

The only problem was that there were probably not enough naga vipers to make both an exclusive one pepper product and also have a production run of any size, so the bhuts were probably added to allow more product to be made.

When I checked the size of the bottles being sold on the UK website, I could only find the tiny 30 ml bottles being offered.

I might be wrong, but that is my 2 cents, for what it is worth...probably just 2 cents. ;)

dvg

Extremely good point Patrick

1- extra flavor ?

2- bhut jolokia burns the back of your mouth , so maybe the naga viper didn't so they added it for a "whole round" burn in your tongue

:)

I've thought about this some more, and I think the bhut is a filler in the mix...still hot but a filler nonetheless.

The company probably wanted to 'strike when the iron was still hot', so to speak, and capitalize on the exposure that the naga viper was still getting.

The only problem was that there were probably not enough naga vipers to make both an exclusive one pepper product and also have a production run of any size, so the bhuts were probably added to allow more product to be made.

You are exactly right, they originally started out with a 150ml bottling of the Viper but due to a very small crop of Vipers they could not continue that kind of supply so they down graded it to the 30ml with added Bhut's to supplement the sauce. Just to show how much business they are doing, all orders from their site are on a month delay.

I'm still still waiting for a taste ;)

Back