• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Nagas up close

Have a couple naga morich pods that have thorns on their skin. It makes them looks even hotter. Don't know if this is common or not.
IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Mine are the exact same . They look like they can hurt you before a bite. I have finally figured out that these guys aren't wicked looking, nasty, beautiful but just down right NARLY looking LOL Great bunch of pods

Swweeeettt peppers!

Gotta love chiles that look as dangerous outside as they are inside. :D
Might wanan see if those are hotter than non-barbed ones and save seeds eh?

Its the first time I've ever heard them called "king chilli(chile)" or Naga mircha. Aren't there enough names for them already? And what about "Mexican red savana habaneros":(

POTAWIE said:
Its the first time I've ever heard them called "king chilli(chile)" or Naga mircha. Aren't there enough names for them already? And what about "Mexican red savana habaneros":(

the peppers originally came from bangladesh and speaking to Bangladeshi curry house owner he was telling me that when he grew up in gomnati in bangladesh that he remembers his grandfather using the naga pepper..and he says its been called naga for a long time indeed :)

Yes, I know several people from Bangladesh who have been eating the Nagas for many many years. Here's one of my fav Bangladesh Naga pics again.

26772887090949545d2bcq6.jpg

POTAWIE said:

For god sake how many names this pepper have & wich one is real Indian origin I would like to know?:?:

915river said:
For god sake how many names this pepper have & wich one is real Indian origin I would like to know?:?:

potawie is spot some seeds i had from south Africa where from Bangladeshi source whos ancestors came over the beginning of the 20th century..all roads lead to Bangladesh not India as being the original nagas origin country :)

as for some of the daft names..that nagas are being called elsewhere..there still nagas :)

Back