• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer Natural fertilizer

I own a rabbit and was wondering if it was a good idea to save her droppings and add it to the pepper plants when I transplant them? or does it need to be set aside for a few years to break down.. I will be planting some in pots and in the ground..

From what I understand, rabbit manure is the one manure that can be added straight to plants. Of course, I doubt it would hurt to compost them first, but I don't think you have to. I'm excited too, I' getting ready to get my first breeding trio of rabbits so I should be ankle deep in fertilizer soon enough.

Best natural fertilizer is probably seaweed liquid. I use a brand called Seasol.

To break down the rabbit manure add it to a compost bin with lawn clippings, kitchen scaps etc

If you have a worm farm put it in their. I picked up a small bag and my worms seem to prefer rabbit poo over moo poo!

Rabbit manure is quite high in Nitrogen. It's generally recommended that all animal manure should be aged and/or composted to some degree

Back