• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need Help Diagnosing Leaf issues

Need help diagnosing the problems with the leaves and solutions. First time grower.

pepper4_zps55c0d357.jpeg

Looks like something eating on the one below but I can't see anything

pepper5_zps5b0c85ee.jpeg

Edges of the leaves turning black

pepper3_zps652065b2.jpeg

pepper2_zpse9775610.jpeg

Brown patches

pepper1_zps0ee09c7e.jpeg

Looks like you're using fertilizer too soon. Is that potting soil and with fertilizer built in? Even if you're not adding ferts, the stuff in the package may be too strong for plants as young as yours. If it's not built-in, flush well with water then let drain thoroughly for the next couple of waterings. When you do return to using fertilizer, only use about 1/8 tsp per gallon to start with, and don't use it every watering. Slowly work your way up, and don't go full-strength if you're going to use it every watering, even once the plants are mature. Only use full strength (usually 1 tsp per gallon) if you are going to alternate plain water and fertilizing water every 3rd or 2nd watering. 

If you're not adding ferts and that's happening from the potting mix, I'd recommend switching to something else for a while. 

• Thanks for the advice. I have used fertilizer. Haven't used it since transplanting. I will be careful and wait before using again and then really reduced amount. Potting soil is Happy Frog.

Back