• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Need help leaf curl issues

I really need some opinions on the possible cause/remedy for a leaf curl problem.
18 days ago I re-potted a dozen or so plants to some global buckets containers.
IMG_0505.jpg

Then after a week or so, I noticed one of them showing some wilt and leaf curl. I waited a few days,but the curl worsened to this current condition.
Wiltedcloseup-1.jpg

When I checked them after 14 days,it appears another plant is beginning to show the similar symptoms.
Wiltedcloseup2.jpg

Wiltedcloseup2-1.jpg

None of the other plants display any of the symptoms.
nowiltcloseup-1-1.jpg

They were all re-planted under identical conditions,at the same time, with the same potting mix, in similar containers & wicks, watered with the same water and ingredients.
The only difference is that I covered the top of half of them with plastic, but the curl is occurring on one of each version.
I have isolated the two affected plants from the rest of the garden in case its a virus of some kind.
I'm crossing my fingers in hope of discovering a solution from THP brethren that might possibly bring them back from the brink, but I'm pretty much stumped at this point.
Thanks in advance for any ideas and/or suggestions.
CM

I just went thru the exact same symptoms a couple of weeks ago. In my case, it turned out to be excessively high nitrogen content which it appears flushing with loads of water has been corrected. Then, yesterday after work I found my first aphids of the season on several of my plants! They all got a spray of a recipe with neem oil which I found on here and am hoping repeated treatments of that will prevent another leaf curling incident. Lastly, while in the nitrogen OD mode they were growing like crazy...they just looked terribly unhealthy.

I just went thru the exact same symptoms a couple of weeks ago. In my case, it turned out to be excessively high nitrogen content which it appears flushing with loads of water has been corrected. Then, yesterday after work I found my first aphids of the season on several of my plants! They all got a spray of a recipe with neem oil which I found on here and am hoping repeated treatments of that will prevent another leaf curling incident. Lastly, while in the nitrogen OD mode they were growing like crazy...they just looked terribly unhealthy.
I noticed also that their growth doesn't seem to be inhibited...but just like you said looking unhealthy.
I'll try emptying the reservoir too see if there is any improvement.
Thx for the feedback.
CM

The second picture,that leaf curl indicate broad mite infestation. Isolate the plants that is showing those symptoms. Try to get some miticide to apply on them. They can kill your plants.

+1 on the mites wet the plants with neem and soap every two days for a week should clear up.
Thanks for the homemade prescription HawaiiAl
I went to two stores yesterday looking for Miticide, as suggested by srin2,to no avail.
I've never knowingly had a mite problem in the past. The affected plants came from a local nursery,maybe thats the source.
Just so I'm clear, mix of Neem oil and soap(like Murphy's ?)and assume I add some of each to a quart or so of water in a spray bottle.
When I get home today,I'll check the label on the bottle of Neem for suggested measurements and give those baby's a little bath afterwards.
Thanks a bunch for the info.
CM

Back