New from CT also

Hi everyone, a big hot pepper fan here. I have always had a special taste for hottness. This year I have started 40 plants inside and am just waiting like a mad man for the nice weather to come around. I need some pointers though. If anyone from new england can share the skill of growing hot peppers in this environment, please do.

Welcome to THP--- Hey Tite -- I can give some Zone help but trust me there is a lot of help on the board as well.... just check your other post ... I have started ~40 or so myself and have another dozen or so I am going to start our season is always weird so I think its good to get a head start. What type of setup are they in?

Hey luckydog, I started them in little cubes with cactus mix compound. When they grew to 2-3 inches high i transplanted them into 4 inch tall peat pots filled with miracle grow moisture control mix. I have them sitting on a rack near a window. They get pretty good sunlight, but I'm worried because the tempature in my house is only around 67 degrees. They seem to be doing fine thus far.

Tite go into the growing hot peppers forum you will get a lot of answers there as well. Usually here we say hello ... Do you have a heating pad under them? If they are not too leggy then they like what you are doing thus far!

Back