New reviews in for Black Dog

And then theres a mate of my brothers who's a doctor of literature or something. I gave him a jar on Saturday night about 2 am drunk etc etc. & asked if he'd mind crafting me a review.

This is what he came up with

***Warning - Filthy Language Alert***

Review: Black Dog Chili Sauce
Manufacturer: Bent AlphanerdZ

Reviewer: General Skull

At first, I rejected the sauce due to my prejudice. Basically, I didn’t like the colour! To me, chili sauce is red. As a chili sauce red supremacist, Black Dog offended my sensibilities. However, I was asked to review it and I am a chili sauce consumer of my word. So, I spread a very small portion on a barbequed pork sausage and took a bite. Well, suddenly I was back in Vietnam, lying on a sweat-drenched cot staring at a ceiling fan. In the distance I heard choppers and the sweet crooning voice of Jim Morrison. Whammo! An explosion in my mouth like I had sucked off an RPG! The intense burn of the sauce made me gasp for air. For a second I couldn’t breathe. AlphanerdZ isn’t taking any prisoners this time. He isn’t f**king around. He has thrown down the gauntlet to all serious chili sauce consumers and manufacturers. There is a new dog in town and he is one mean son of a bitch. This dog bites. And yet, the sauce is incredibly rich and complex. There is a sweet side to this sauce. In fact, I think it should be called Praying Mantis chili sauce because it gives your mouth a sweet satisfying f**k and then takes your head off afterwards. You can taste sweet vanilla and chocolate within the hot coals of the sauce. I know you are probably thinking “what the f**k?” BUT it really enhances the flavours. However, be warned! Like the brilliant ‘Pain’ and ‘Pain 2’, I suspect Black Dog is addictive and will sell out fast. So, order your supply now and keep it away from pussies and small children. This is a sauce for tough guys. I give it 5 stars Margaret.

I don't see why people keep talking about the color. Sauces are all colors! Red, orange, yellow, brown...
Why do people find the color unappetizing for a hot sauce when BBQ sauces and steak sauces and pestos are browns and greens but nobody seems to mind? Do people want all hot sauce to be red??

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't see why people keep talking about the color. Sauces are all colors! Red, orange, yellow, brown...
Why do people find the color unappetizing for a hot sauce when BBQ sauces and steak sauces and pestos are browns and greens but nobody seems to mind? Do people want all hot sauce to be red??

I think its the colour combined with the consistency of this sauce - it really is like thick sticky very dark green/black mud, with slimy, drizzly lumpy bits.

I'm the first to admit it doesn't look very inviting.

A lot of jerk rubs look like someone picked up a handful of mud with sticks in it, but I never saw it as unappetizing. I think when you say "hot sauce" people think red.

Proof:
At first, I rejected the sauce due to my prejudice. Basically, I didn’t like the colour! To me, chili sauce is red. As a chili sauce red supremacist, Black Dog offended my sensibilities.

Good luck with it. I hope to try it one day.

bentalphanerd said:
Review: Black Dog Chili Sauce
Manufacturer: Bent AlphanerdZ

Reviewer: General Skull

At first, I rejected the sauce due to my prejudice. Basically, I didn’t like the colour! To me, chili sauce is red. As a chili sauce red supremacist, Black Dog offended my sensibilities. However, I was asked to review it and I am a chili sauce consumer of my word. So, I spread a very small portion on a barbequed pork sausage and took a bite. Well, suddenly I was back in Vietnam, lying on a sweat-drenched cot staring at a ceiling fan. In the distance I heard choppers and the sweet crooning voice of Jim Morrison. Whammo! An explosion in my mouth like I had sucked off an RPG! The intense burn of the sauce made me gasp for air. For a second I couldn’t breathe. AlphanerdZ isn’t taking any prisoners this time. He isn’t f**king around. He has thrown down the gauntlet to all serious chili sauce consumers and manufacturers. There is a new dog in town and he is one mean son of a bitch. This dog bites. And yet, the sauce is incredibly rich and complex. There is a sweet side to this sauce. In fact, I think it should be called Praying Mantis chili sauce because it gives your mouth a sweet satisfying f**k and then takes your head off afterwards. You can taste sweet vanilla and chocolate within the hot coals of the sauce. I know you are probably thinking “what the f**k?” BUT it really enhances the flavours. However, be warned! Like the brilliant ‘Pain’ and ‘Pain 2’, I suspect Black Dog is addictive and will sell out fast. So, order your supply now and keep it away from pussies and small children. This is a sauce for tough guys. I give it 5 stars Margaret.

HAHAHA, what a wimp :lol:

Nice review I thought it was a tough guy writing -- till I saw Margaret at the end unless its a guy named Margaret then I guess he would have to be super tough like the Boy named Sue orrrrr... is General Skull calling you Margaret?

imaguitargod said:
HAHAHA, what a wimp :lol:

I'm surprised he tasted anything, he's a bit new to the land of "hotter than tabasco"

LUCKYDOG said:
Nice review I thought it was a tough guy writing -- till I saw Margaret at the end unless its a guy named Margaret then I guess he would have to be super tough like the Boy named Sue orrrrr... is General Skull calling you Margaret?

'Margaret' is referring to a couple of film critics here who are famous for giving differing star ratings out of five. The lead in of course being from 'Apocalypse Now' **how did you miss that IGG?

Back