• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

not Cumari do para?

I have a plant growing that I thought was cumari do para. I think it may have originated from a cloning but I am not certain. I will try to add pics later but what is rather interesting about this pepper, (which I just consumed one by the way) is that it differed in taste and heat from the other cumari do paras I have had in the past. This one had a strong up front chinense flavor but not as strong as in other pods. it also had much more fire in the front of the mouth (tip and sides of tongue radiating to the inside lips and at that point giving a numbing effect. Also, uncharacteristically I detected a hint of orange in the flavor profile. I have never gotten that from any of my other sampling of CDP.

I just transplanted it to a 3.5 gal container and will test another pod later when my palate is neutral again. I like CDP but this was also pleasing yet different.

Maybe my palate has just gotten more refined.

Peter S said:
Nigel,
Did your CGN 20800 eventually turn red? These are how mine looked. It was one of my favorite peppers from this season.
13Tddjnl.png

EWopEaTl.jpg

They didn`t, no, and I realise the red version is the one shown on the CGN website. I`d consider the red to be the original, but clearly there is this yellow/orange one, too. I have no explanation and it could be something as simple as mixed up seeds a few years ago or a natural mutant/hybrid. I wish I could say more.

Nigel said:

They didn`t, no, and I realise the red version is the one shown on the CGN website. I`d consider the red to be the original, but clearly there is this yellow/orange one, too. I have no explanation and it could be something as simple as mixed up seeds a few years ago or a natural mutant/hybrid. I wish I could say more.
You're welcome to some of my seeds if you want any. I have some from pepperlover, that this plant came from, and saved OP seed from that plant as well.

just to chime in, i have 4 plants that were started from the same seed batch. 3 of them are small little pearl shaped while 1 is a larger, more oblong. So it could be the same plant, just a different pheno expression 

Nigel said:
CAP 691 is an absolute cracker, too.
Wicked Mike turned me on to the CAP 691 this past summer.  I have been trying to get seeds but it is difficult.  I found some at Rainbow Chile seeds but I didn't get them to germinate.  I have more to try but I was wondering if you know of any other sources...  Thanks. 

bpiela said:
Wicked Mike turned me on to the CAP 691 this past summer.  I have been trying to get seeds but it is difficult.  I found some at Rainbow Chile seeds but I didn't get them to germinate.  I have more to try but I was wondering if you know of any other sources...  Thanks.
Pepperlover.com carries this variety.

I purchased what i assumed would be 10 seeds for a very reasonable price, and received about 30 seeds. This kind of generosity seems to be a standard of this vendor. Quite remarkable.

I was unable to find room for those seeds, thus cannot attest to germination rates or any other criteria that might be relevant. I seem to recall the seeds' delivery time as being quite quick -- i'm in Canada, Pepperlover's in U.S.A.

I think some seed vendors may be selling CAP 691 seed under the name"Red Fire", but i don't recall where i read that.

Hope this helps.

Back